Table of Contents Hide
YUVA Scheme 2021 – PM Scheme For Mentoring Young Authors | UPSC
Government launches YUVA – Prime Minister’s Scheme For Mentoring Young Authors
WHY IN NEWS:
Hot from PIB !
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3:Schemes
YUVA SCHEME 2021
- The Ministry of Education, Department of Higher Education has launched YUVA- Prime Minister’s Scheme For Mentoring Young Authors.
- YUVA stands for Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors.
- Author Mentorship programme is to train young and budding authors.
- Young Writers will pay tribute to heroes of India’s freedom struggle to mark celebrations of India @75.
- The launch of YUVA (Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors) is in tune with PM’s vision to encourage young writers to write about India’s freedom struggle.
- Also the theme is to highlight the unknown and forgotten places and their role in National Movement, and other related themes in an innovative and creative manner.
- This scheme will thus help to develop a stream of writers who can write on a spectrum of subjects to promote Indian heritage, culture and knowledge system.
- The books prepared under this scheme will be published by National Book Trust, India.
- The books will also be translated into other Indian languages ensuring the exchange of culture and literature, thereby promoting ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat‘.
- The selected young authors will interact with some of the best authors of the world; participate in literary festivals etc.
SOURCES : PIB
- In this context, YUVA will go a long way in laying the foundation of the future leaders of the creative world.
- It was during Mann ki Baat on 31 January 2021, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi called upon the young generation to write about freedom fighters and incidents associated with freedom.
- He also urged on the saga of valour during the period of freedom struggle in their respective areas – as the best tribute to the heroes of India’s freedom – as we celebrate 75 years of Indian Independence.
HIGHLIGHTS OF YUVA
- A total of 75 authors will be selected through an All India Contest to be conducted through www.mygov.in from 1 June – 31 July 2021.
- The winners will be announced on 15 August 2021.
- The young authors will be trained by eminent authors/mentors.
- Under the mentorship, the manuscripts will be readied by 15 Dec. 2021 for publication.
- The published books will be launched on 12 January 2022 on the occasion of National Youth Day (Yuva Diwas).
“This will also prepare a category of thought leaders that will decide the course of the future”.