‘YUKTI 2.0’ platform for Higher Education Institutes | UPSC
Union HRD Minister virtually launches ‘YUKTI 2.0’ platform for Higher Education Institutes in New Delhi
WHY IN NEWS:
Outcomes of earlier version of ‘YUKTI’ will be released soon – Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3:Education : Human Resource Development
For PRELIMS Yukti 2.0 is an important issue . Just remember the aim of this portal and its significance .
For MAINS do you think Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Should be integrated with such portals ? If Yes then how Students can be benefitted ?
‘YUKTI 2.0’ PLATFORM
- Ministry of HRD prepared the portal in view of Coronavirus.
The portal intends to cover the different dimensions of COVID-19 challenges in a very holistic and comprehensive way.
PORTAL IS LAUNCHED BY :
MHRD’s Innovation Cell and AICTE .
KEY FEATURES :
- YUKTI 2.0 is logical extension of earlier version of ‘YUKTI’, an initiative of MHRD, to identify ideas relevant in COVID pandemic.
- The mission of making Bharat ‘Atmanirbhar’ and, YUKTI 2.0 initiative is a very important step in that direction.
- Youngsters are very capable of thinking innovatively and we should make every possible effort to help them convert their ideas into enterprises.
- Students, faculty members, startups and other stakeholders of higher education institutions can register on the YUKTI portal and share their technologies and innovations.
SIGNIFICANCE OF YUKTI PORTAL :
- This portal will prove to be a milestone towards promoting innovations and entrepreneurship culture in our higher education system and involving youth in nation building.
- This database will provide a clear picture of the state of the innovation ecosystem of our higher educational institutions.
- This will also help the government to identify bottlenecks and formulate appropriate policies to strengthen the innovation ecosystem in the country.
- Ministry will provide the best possible help to support creative innovations and technologies to help the society at large.
- ‘YUKTI 2.0’ will help us identify many more disruptive solutions from our higher and technical institutions.”
- Outcomes of earlier version of ‘YUKTI’ will be released soon.
SOURCES:THE HINDU & PIB | ‘YUKTI 2.0’ platform for Higher Education Institutes | UPSC
DISCOVER MORE : Important GS-3 Issues for Prelims 2020