Table of Contents Hide
Vigyan Sarvatra Pujyate | UPSC
Vigyan Sarvatra Pujyate
WHY IN NEWS:
- As we celebrate the 75 th year of India’s independence, that is, Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, it becomes essential to have a pan India program to showcase science, technology & innovation from every part of our country.
- Vigyan Sarvatra Pujyate (means science & technology is revered all over) is a week-long celebration during 22 – 28 February 2022 from 75 locations in India, in addition to mega science festival at New Delhi.
VIGYAN SARVATRA PUJYATE
The Government of India’s science and technology organisations in close partnership with state agencies are leveraging this ‘Mahotsav’ as an opportunity,
- To celebrate S&T achievements over the 75 years through programmes that inspire our youth and help them navigate into building a progressive nation.
- To bring to the fore stories of people in science who made these achievements possible including some who we know about and some we don’t
- To reinforce the commitment of the scientific community towards the economic and social development of the country.
- To highlight the work being done by R&D organisations from across the country and ideas as they lead science and technology efforts on the road to 2047.
The Amrit Mahotsav Science Showcase also titled Vigyan Sarvatra Pujyate (February 22-28, 2022) will put on display our scientific legacy and technology progress that have helped find solutions to problems in defence, space, health, agriculture, astronomy, and others.
- Vigyan Prasar has been given the responsibility for coordinating the event.
- Programs are being organized simultaneously at 75 locations all over the country.
- As part of this science week, a mega expo and book fair are proposed to be held at the grounds of Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
SOURCES : vigyanpujyate.in
Four themes have been identified for the week long celebration:
1. Annals of science:
- On an individual or set individuals of founders of modern science, tracing how their contributions helped India establish modern S&T system.
- On institutions of national importance that were established in Indian in the past 75 years and how they have contributed to nation building
2. Milestones of Modern S&T:
- A key discovery, innovation or invention that made a mark in the global science or India s development story.
3. Swadeshi Paramparik Inventions & Innovations:
- An invention or technology that made India stand up on its own leg helped the goal of self reliance including modern innovations that draw upon the reservoir of traditional knowledge system (say drugs from herbs).
4. Transforming India:
- India is boldly embarking upon grand and big science and technology missions & projects; such as Gaganyan, Samudrayan and so on.
- The lecture can elucidate one or more S&T initiatives aiming big and ambitious to capture the imagination of the young.
- The programme will end with a grand valedictory function.
- It will coincide with the National Science Day, celebrated on February 28 every year since 1987 in remembrance of Nobel Laureate Sir C.V. Raman’s path-breaking discovery of the Raman Effect in 1930.
- The entire event, including the main inaugural and valedictory functions at Delhi, will be live streamed from across all 75 places.