VGIR 2020 : Virtual Global Investor Roundtable | UPSC
PM to chair Virtual Global Investor Roundtable on 5th November
WHY IN NEWS:
Union Finance Minister, Union Minister of State for Finance, RBI Governor and other dignitaries will also be present on the occasion.
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3: FDI : Indian Economy : Miscellaneous
For PRELIMS this is an easy concept . Go through aim , focus and key focus areas of the summit .
For MAINS go through the significance . Include such summits in GS-3 answers ( FDI , Money market etc.)
VGIR 2020 : VIRTUAL GLOBAL INVESTOR ROUNDTABLE
- Top Pension and Sovereign Wealth Funds from across the world to participate in the Roundtable Event.
- VGIR 2020 will focus on discussions around India’s economic and investment outlook.
- It will also focus on structural reforms and the government’s vision for the path to a USD 5 trillion economy.
- The Roundtable will witness participation from twenty of the world’s largest pension and sovereign wealth funds with a total Assets Under Management of about US$6 trillion.
- These global institutional investors represent key regions including the US, Europe, Canada, Korea, Japan, Middle East, Australia, and Singapore.
- VGIR 2020 will also provide an occasion for all stakeholders to further cement the strong partnerships that have been built.
- Some of these investors would also be engaging for the first time with the Government of India.
- Apart from global investors, the Roundtable will also see participation of several top Indian Business Leaders.
- Leading global institutional investors
- Indian business leaders
- The highest decision makers from the Government of India
- Financial Market Regulators.
- This will be focused on how to further accelerate the growth of international investments in India.
- Also , to foster engagement with international institutional investors who are looking to increase their Indian investments
SOURCES: PIB | VGIR 2020 : Virtual Global Investor Roundtable | UPSC