UPSC NOTICE : SUBMIT CHOICE OF CENTRE
UPSC CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAMINATION, 2020 AND INDIAN FOREST SERVICE EXAMINATION, 2020
WHY IN NEWS:
NOTICE FOR THE CANDIDATES TO SUBMIT CHOICE OF CENTRE
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 2 : UPSC
ALERT ! Read TWICE before coming to any conclusion.
- CHOICE OF CENTRE PRELIMS : Keeping in view the large number of candidates of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2020 [including the Indian Forest Service (Preliminary) Examination, 2020] and requests received from the candidates for changing their Centers, the Commission has decided to give an opportunity to them to submit their revised choice of Centre.
- CHOICE OF CENTRE FOR MAINS : Besides above, the option to change the Centers for the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2020 and the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, 2020 is also being made available to the candidates.
The window of submitting the revised choice of Centers by the candidates will be operational in two phases :
- 7th-13th July, 2020 (06.00 PM)
- 20th-24th July, 2020 (06.00 PM) on the Commission’s website https://upsconline.nic.in.
FIRST-APPLY-FIRST ALLOT BASIS
- The candidates may please note that their requests for change in the Centers will be considered based on the principle of “first-apply-first allot” basis [which is followed in all the Examinations of the Commission and was mentioned in the Examination Notices of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2020 and Indian Forest Service Examination, 2020] and
- Once the capacity of a particular Centre is attained, the same will be frozen.
- The candidates, who cannot get a Centre of their choice due to ceiling, will be required to choose a Centre from the remaining ones.
- In addition to the above, the Commission will also make a Withdrawal Window available to the candidates on the Commission’s website https://upsconline.nic.in during the period from 1st-8th August, 2020.
- The candidates are advised to visit the website and submit their choices of Centers of the above Examination, if required.
- Candidates must note that once the application has been withdrawn by the candidate, it cannot be revived in future under any circumstances.