UPSC Gears up for Personality Tests
UPSC Gears up to Conduct Personality Tests (Interviews) for the Civil Services Examination 2019 in the Backdrop of COVID-19 Pandemic
WHY IN NEWS:
Whatever it is related to UPSC ! We bring it to You .
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 2 : UPSC
This is not the first time when we have seen UPSC taking care of candidates before the selection process . This has happened before too . We love UPSC 😉
- The Commission also reviewed the position and decided to defer the remaining PT Boards for 623 candidates of the CSE-2019 from 23.03.2020 onwards.
- With gradual lifting of the lockdown, the Commission has decided to hold the PTs for the remaining candidates from 20th to 30th of July, 2020.
- All the candidates have been suitably informed in advance.
- In order to address the safety and health concerns of the candidates, expert advisers and staff of the Commission, suitable arrangements have been put in place.
- State Governments have been requested to allow the candidates holding e-Summon Letters for PTs to move in/out of the restricted zones for the purpose of attending the same.
- The Commission is also helping the candidates with their lodging and transport requirements.
- On reaching the Commission, all candidates will be provided a ‘Sealed Kit’ consisting of a face mask, face shield, a bottle of sanitizer and hand gloves.
- Since the Interview Boards generally comprise of senior advisers, the Commission has taken all precautionary and safety measures for contactless PTs in order to shield the interviewers and the interviewees appropriately.
- The Commission’s staff involved in conduct of the PTs will also be equipped with suitable protective gear.
- Arrangements have been made for regular sanitization of all the rooms, halls, furniture and equipment.
- Seating arrangement for the candidates at all venues will ensure safe physical distancing.
- Protocol/guidelines to be followed by the candidates for appearing in the interview have been communicated to them.
- The Commission is committed to ensure the highest standards of health safety even as it fulfills its Constitutional mandate for selecting the most suitable candidates through its examinations.