TULIP | Urban Learning Internship Program
TULIP – Urban Learning Internship Program for providing opportunities to fresh Graduates in all ULBs & Smart Cities launched
WHY IN NEWS:
MoU signed between MoHUA & AICTE for Implementation
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3:Education
For PRELIMS remember the organisers and the them on which the whole portal is built .
For MAINS this article contains some amazing lines on education . Let us dive in !
EDUCATION IN INDIA :
- Instead of approaching education as ‘doing by learning,’ our societies need to reimagine education as ‘learning by doing.’
- TULIP is a program for providing fresh graduates experiential learning opportunities in the urban sector.
SMART CITIES MISSION – SNAPSHOT OF PROGRESS
- TULIP has been conceived pursuant to the Budget 2020-21 announcement by the Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman under the theme ‘Aspirational India’.
SIGNIFICANCE OF TULIP PROGRAM :
- VALUE-TO MARKET : TULIP would help enhance the value-to-market of India’s graduates and help create a potential talent pool in diverse fields like urban planning, transport engineering, environment, municipal finance etc.
- EXTRACTING DEMOGRAPHIC DIVIDEND: Such a program will help reap the benefits of India’s demographic dividend as it is poised to have the largest working-age population in the world in the coming years.
- POOL OF EXPOSURE : India has a substantial pool of technical graduates for whom exposure to real world project implementation and planning is essential for professional development.
- PROFESSIONALISM : Thus not only catalyzing creation of prospective city managers but also talented private/ non-government sector professionals.
TULIP PORTAL :
- It will lead to infusion of fresh ideas and energy with engagement of youth in co-creation of solutions for solving India’s urban challenges.
- The digital platform powering TULIP enables discovery, engagement, aggregation, amplification and transparency.
- The platform is customizable and provides immense flexibility to both ULBs/ Smart Cities and interns to enable convenient access.
- Security features have been thoroughly tested and the platform has been made scalable, federated and transparent by design.
ROLE OF STAKEHOLDERS :
CREDIT : internship.aicte-india.org
THE PROGRAM INTENDS TO DELIVER FOR:
MoHUA: Strengthen institutional capacity of urban ecosystem and youth engagement towards urban initiatives, creating an ecosystem wherein youth can contribute towards building a liveable city.
ULBS & SMART CITIES: Skilled, high-quality workforce and innovative citizen-centric solutions that help them address critical challenges.
PARTICIPATING GRADUATES: Enhanced employability through “learning by doing” and opportunity to co-create innovation for cities.
SOURCES:THE HINDU & PIB/DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS for UPSC CSE Prelims & Mains
DISCOVER MORE : Important General Science Paper 3 Issues