Tribes India e-Marketplace | UPSC
In a Path breaking Initiative, Shri Arjun Munda to Launch Largest Market of Tribal Products ‘Tribes Indiae-Marketplace’ Tomorrow
WHY IN NEWS:
2 New Tribes India Outlets in Kolkata and Rishikesh
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 1 : 3 : Tribes : TRIFED
For PRELIMS go through the new initiatives carefully . Not down any new tribe you have come across .
For MAINS nothing much here . Let us dive in !
TRIBES INDIA E-MARKETPLACE
- New TRIFED Initiatives to Showcase Tribal Produce and Handicrafts.
- Union Minister for Tribal Affairs will virtually launch India’s largest handicraft and organic products marketplace.
- Tribes India E-Marketplace (market.tribesindia.com) on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti(October 2, 2020).
- Keeping in line with the vision of the Prime Minister of making India Aatmanirbhar this is a pathbreaking initiative of TRIFED .
- This will help them market their produce/ products directly, is also a major leap towards the digitisation of tribal commerce.
- Tribes India e-Marketplace is an ambitious initiative through which TRIFED aims to onboard 5 lakh tribal producers .
- The suppliers comprise of individual tribal artisans, tribal SHGs, Organisations/ Agencies/ NGOs working with tribals.
- The platform provides the tribal suppliers with an Omni-channel facility to sell their goods .
- The E-Marketplace will help the Tribals and Artisans and give them the immediate benefits of online trade.
- This in turn will help ensure livelihoods for the tribal populations of our country.
- Showcasing tribal products (produce and handicrafts) from all over India one place,
- E-marketplace is a state-of-the-art e-commerce platform which can be accessed on the web and also mobile.
- The occasion will witness inclusive growth and empowerment of the tribal artisans and suppliers.
- Shri Munda will also flag off several other TRIFED initiatives that are aimed to support the tribal people.
- These include the inauguration of Tribes India’s 123rd and 124th outlets in Rishikesh and Kolkata
- Inclusion of new tribal product ranges from the states of Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh;
- Partnership of TRIFED/ Tribes India with Amazon in their Seller Flex program.
NEW PRODUCT RANGES
- Two new Tribal product ranges from the states of Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh will be included in the Tribes India product line-up.
- Besides these, there are spices such as turmeric and coriander powder, pickles and tangy drinks like Imli chuski processed from tamarind in Sukna!
- The tribal Santhal community of Pakur District, Jharkhand have set an example by exploring the potential of beekeeping commercially.
- The collection of honey is carried out in an eco-friendly manner on sustainable basis by the local youth.
- Pure Multiflora Honey is collected from a variety of flowers and floras.
- It is 100% natural made from pollen and nectar collected by bees.
- It will be available in two different tastes, i.e., Karanj and Multifloral (Wild)
TRIBES INDIA JOINS AMAZON SELLER FLEX PROGRAM
- TRIFED (Tribes India) will now be associated with Amazon’s Seller Flex Program.
- This program is intended to share Amazon’s best practices in warehousing, inventory management, and shipping with sellers.
- With Seller Flex, Tribes India will be able to run its processes from end to end.
- Tribes India, offer top-end textiles, paintings, home decor items, jewellery, metal crafts, and other heritage products.
- Each Tribes India product, catering well to the tastes of modern folk, is marked by the diversifiedIndian tribal culture, traditions and practices which pervade almost all aspects of Indian culture and civilization.
- TRIFED is striving in its mission to make these initiatives a huge success.
- This will further enable the economic welfare of these communities and bring them closer towards mainstream development.
- Tribes India is successfully engaged in making its presence felt on its own e-commerce platform viz. www.tribesindia.com besides other popular ones such as Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, GeM to mention a few.
SOURCES:THE HINDU & PIB | Tribes India e-Marketplace | UPSC
DISCOVER MORE : SCHEMES