Tribal Health and Nutrition Portal | Swasthya | UPSC
Shri arjun munda to e-launch tribal health and nutrition portal “swasthya” on 17th august, 2020
WHY IN NEWS:
Hot from PIB !
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3:Health:Diseases:Portal
For PRELIMS go through the aim and developers of the portal . Understand the objective and its beneficiaries .
For MAINS do you think there is a need to device a framework to tackle Sickle Cell disease in India ?
- A first of its kind Tribal Health & Nutrition Portal.
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs in collaboration with Piramal Swasthya, the Centre of Excellence has developed this Tribal Health and Nutrition Portal ‘Swasthya’.
- It is a one-stop solution presenting all information pertaining to tribal health and nutrition related to Scheduled Tribe people.
- The dashboard presents data curated from multiple sources for the 177 identified high priority tribal districts.
- The Portal also has research studies, innovations and best practices on tribal community curated from multiple sources related to tribal health and nutrition.
- ‘Swasthya’ is the first of its kind comprehensive platform for health and nutrition related information of the tribal population of India.
- In addition, the SCD Support Corner available in the Portal encourages people with Sickle Cell disease or trait to register themselves.
- This will also catalyze a series of actions which will ultimately lead to overall improvements in the health and nutrition status of the tribal population in India.
- It is established by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs in collaboration with Piramal Swasthya Management and Research Institute.
- This CoE works towards consolidating data for tribal health & nutrition, facilitating evidence-based policy making and documenting successful models.
- Also CoE is indulged in best practices and innovative solutions, disseminating and facilitating exchange of knowledge with stakeholders to improve tribal health & nutrition outcomes.