TEJAS Scheme 2022 | UPSC
Union Minister Anurag Thakur launched Tejas (Training for Emirates Jobs And Skills), a Skill India international project to train overseas Indians.
WHY IN NEWS:
Hot from PIB !
TEJAS Scheme 2022
Through pilot project Training in Emirates Job and Skills (TEJAS), the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is collaborating with top employers working in following sectors:
|1.||EFS||Construction & Allied Sectors|
|3.||Esa Saleh Al Gurg||Construction, Manufacturing|
|6.||Dulsco||Construction & Allied Sectors|
Under the ongoing pilot project TEJAS, candidates are placed after training and certification in Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries.
- The project, launched at the “Dubai expo”, is aimed at skilling, certification and overseas employment of Indians.
- Tejas aimed to create a 10,000-strong Indian workforce in the UAE in initial phase.
The skills which are being targeted to develop among the workers under the project TEJAS are :
- Full Stack Engineer, Desktop Engineer
- NET Engineer
- Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) technicians
- Plumbers, Multi-skilled technicians, Welders, Car Drivers
- Bike Riders, Food & Beverage Service Operator
- Cooks, Front Office Hospitality Staff, Retail Service Assistants
- IT Professionals, Finance Professionals, and Healthcare Professionals.
- Though the exact figure of workers who came back to India from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is not known, however, as per Government’s estimates, around 3,30,058 workers returned from the UAE under the Vande Bharat Mission.
- The returning citizens were required to fill out an online SWADES Skills Card at http://www.nsdcindia.org/swades/. The TEJAS Scheme is also applicable to the returnee workers.