Swachh Bharat Mission Academy | UPSC
Union Minister for Jal Shakti, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat launches Swachh Bharat Mission Academy
WHY IN NEWS:
The IVR based free mobile online learning course on ODF Plus will be crucial in achieving goals underlined in Phase 2 of SBM(G)
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3: Scheme : Sanitation : Swachh Bharat Mission Academy
For PRELIMS go through the campaign and its feature .
For MAINS well this issue will boost communication and inter-personnel skill at rural India . Add this to you Mains books !
SWACHH BHARAT MISSION ACADEMY
- Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) has transformed rural India by manifesting into a Jan Andolan for sanitation – unlike any other the world has ever seen.
- This led to the historic achievement of Open Defecation Free (ODF) declaration by all villages, districts and states on 2nd October, 2019 thus making rural India ODF.
- SBM Academy, its functionalities and key roles envisioned under Phase 2 of SBM(G).
- This IVR based free mobile online learning course on ODF Plus will be crucial in achieving goals underlined in Phase 2 of SBM(G).
- It is launched for sustaining the behaviour change and promoting the capacity building of the key stakeholders i.e. Swachhagrahis and other field functionaries.
- This will be standardized content over basic mobile phone.
- This will also improve the knowledge and interpersonal communication skills.
- The SBM Academy course has four chapters, each with four audio lessons and a multiple-choice quiz at the end of the chapter.
- To be considered successful, the user must answer at least 50% of the questions correctly.
- As of now the content of SBM Academy is in Hindi.
- SBM Academy, with its mobile based technology will significantly boost the capacity building efforts in training of Swachhagrahis.
- This will also benefit PRIs members, community-based organizations, NGOs, SHGs and others who are associated with phase 2 of SBM(G).
- The program will also work towards ensuring that no one is left behind and everyone uses a toilet.
- Ministry urged them to encourage people to fully utilize this free learning course.