Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar | UPSC
The Government of India invites nominations for the “Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar” for excellence in the field of Disaster Management
WHY IN NEWS:
These awards are announced on the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose on 23rd January every year
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 1 : Awards
For PRELIMS it is important to go through the eligibility criteria and the categories under this award.
For MAINS nothing much here .
SUBHASH CHANDRA BOSE AAPDA PRABANDHAN PURASKAR
- Disasters affect lives, livelihoods and property across the entire spectrum of our society.
- Disasters also evoke a sense of compassion and selfless service across the nation.
- Different sections of our society come together and work towards alleviating the suffering of those affected by the disasters.
- Many organisations and individuals are working silently but persistently on mitigation.
- There is a need to recognise such efforts of individuals and organisations.
- There will be up to three awards.
- Both institutions and individuals are eligible for these awards.
- The Institution shall utilize this cash prize for Disaster Management related activities only.
- If the awardee is an individual, winner shall receive a certificate and a cash prize of Rs. 5.00 lakhs.
- For institutional awards, voluntary organizations, corporate entities, academic/research institutions, response/ uniformed forces or any other institution may apply for the award.
CRITERIA FOR AWARD
The application must be accompanied by details of the work done in disaster management and must highlight achievements in any one or more of the following areas:
- Saving human lives.
- Reduction in impact of disasters on lives, livestock, livelihoods, property, society, economy, or environment.
- Mobilisation and provision of resources for effective response during disasters
- Immediate relief work in disaster hit areas and communities
- Effective and innovative use of technology in any field of disaster management.
- Disaster mitigation initiatives in hazard prone areas.
- Capacity building of communities for response and risk reduction.
- Early warning and dissemination of disaster risk information.
- Scientific/ technical research and innovation in any field of disaster management.
- Post-disaster recovery and rehabilitation.
DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT
The award shall be announced on 23rd January on the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- A candidate can be disqualified for a period of up to three years, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be incorrect.
- The Screening Committee or the Jury may seek clarifications on the application.
- Any Indian national or institution can nominate a candidate for consideration for this award.
- Candidates can also self-nominate themselves.
- The last date for filing of application for the year 2021 shall be 31st August 2020.