Table of Contents Hide
SeHAT OPD Portal | UPSC
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh launches SeHAT OPD portal to provide tele-medicine services to Armed Forces personnel and veterans
WHY IN NEWS:
Hot from PIB !
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 2 : 3: Health: Recent developments
SeHAT OPD Portal
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh launched ‘Services e-Health Assistance & Tele-consultation (SeHAT) OPD portal through video conferencing on May 27, 2021.
- This is the final version of the SeHAT OPD portal with advanced safety features.
- The trial version was made functional in August 2020. More than 6,500 medical consultations have already been carried on the beta version by service doctors.
- The services can be availed by registering on the website https://sehatopd.in/.
SOURCES : https://sehatopd.in/Home
- Department of Military Affairs (DMA), Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS), Integrated Defence Staff (IDS), Centre for Development of Artificial Computing (C-DAC) Mohali and other organisations are involved in the development of the portal.
- The portal reflects the Government’s commitment to ‘Digital India’ and ‘e-governance‘.
Salient features of this patient friendly web based Defence Service.
- Patient registration
- Token Generation
- Queue Management
- Audio-Video Consultation with a Doctor
- SMS/Email Notifications
- Armed Forces Medical Services Doctors
- Free Service
- Fully configurable (no. of daily slots, no. of doctors/clinics, waiting room slots, consultation time limit etc).
CENTRE FOR DEVELOPMENT OF ADVANCED COMPUTING (C-DAC)
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) is the premier R&D organization of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) for carrying out R&D in IT & E (Information Technologies and Electronics) and associated areas.
- In that process, C-DAC represents a unique facet working in close junction with MeitY to realize nation’s policy and pragmatic interventions and initiatives in Information Technology.
- As an institution for high-end Research and Development (R&D), C-DAC has been at the forefront of the Information Technology (IT) revolution, constantly building capacities in emerging/enabling technologies.
HEALTH INFORMATICS GROUP, C-DAC MOHALI
- SeHATOPD has been designed and deployed by Health Informatics Group at C-DAC Mohali, the group is one amongst the pioneers in eHealth/telemedicine in Asia.
- SeHATOPD is based on eSanjeevani – Government of India’s flagship telemedicine technology developed by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (Mohali).
- eSanjeevani – a doctor to doctor telemedicine system is being deployed nationally at 155,000 Health and Wellness Centres.
- Further eSanjeevaniOPD is also based on eSanjeevani telemedicine technology.
- eSanjeevaniOPD enables citizens to access healthcare services in the confines of their homes.
- SeHAT is a patient to doctor system, initially for a general OPD consultation and proposed to be extended to specialist OPD consultation subsequently.
- It aims to provide healthcare services to patients in their homes. Safe and structured video based clinical consultations between a doctor in a hospital and a patient in the confines of his or her home is being enabled.