SCALE India App : Skill India Mission | UPSC
Leather Sector Skill Council launches SCALE India Android App for Enhanced Quality Assurance under Skill India Mission
WHY IN NEWS:
Hot from PIB !
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3: Industry
For PRELIMS go through aim and features of this app .
For MAINS how important it is to bridge the gap between skills ? Do you think more focus should be given to labour intensive force ?
SCALE INDIA ANDROID APP
- The Leather Sector Skill Council (LSSC) launched Skill Certification Assessment for Leather Employees (SCALE) India android app.
- LSSC is committed to strengthen its digital capabilities on quality assurance across training delivery, monitoring, assessments, verification and linkages to ASEEM portal.
- The aim is to meet the evolving industry demands and get certified on the new skills acquired.
- The platform caters to the need of all the stakeholders of the skilling and employment ecosystem.
- It brings candidate/trainee, employer, employee, assessor and trainer – all at one place.
- The services are accessible through the web and android application.
- This virtually works on any smart handheld device, desktop/laptop, smartphones, tablets or phablets.
- The app provides end to end quality assurance across training, assessment, and certification services.
- It also has facility to create a certification stack that acts as a key element of their curriculum vitae.
- The app will also help employers engage with other stakeholders seamlessly and provide a marketplace for human capital for the leather industry.
- The assessments are currently available in English, Hindi, Tamil, and Bengali, with plans to add more regional languages in a phased manner.
- The launch of SCALE India platform by LSSC will boost our relentless efforts to strengthen the leather skilling ecosystem.
- It will help us inch closer to fulfill our Hon’ble Prime Minister’s vision of making an ‘Aatmnirbhar Bharat’ the ‘Skill Capital of the World’.
- This platform will ensure seamless convergence and coordination across various schemes and programs as a single point interface.
- It will play a crucial role in providing quality assured services to all stakeholders.
- This will also aggregating demand and connecting supply to demand, all through one platform.
- SCALE will help candidates in the skilling ecosystem to get assessed and certified on their knowledge, skills and behaviour on a specific qualification pack.
- It also enables access to micro-learning modules for bridging the skill gaps.
- It further assists the candidate to become a productive resource who is readily employable in the industry.
- The candidates can search for employment opportunities and connect with employers post completion of their certification.
- From an employer standpoint, the platform will serve as a job portal with access to a certified talent pool of candidates to hire from.
- This will lead to increase in productivity and profitability.
- This will raise training requests for short term/customised training that would be serviced by the LSSC.
- Employees across the leather and leather products industry can also register themselves to explore e-learning content .
- This will benefit employees in upskilling and getting certified post learning and hence upward career movement.
- The platform will also help trainers get complete access to all the learning and training resources .
- The resources such as presentations, video clips, quizzes, classroom activities, etc.
- The platform facilitates capturing attendance of the trainees, progress of training, feedback and documentation.
LEATHER SECTOR SKILL COUNCIL
- The Leather Sector Skill Council (LSSC) is a non-profit organisation dedicated to meet the demand for skilled workforce in the leather industry in India.
- LSSC was set up in 2012 as one of the key sector skill councils approved by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
- LSSC works with a host of members from the industry, government organizations, the academia, the training partners and the assessment partners.
- Ensure sector capacity building for availability of trained and skilled manpower across industry segments and organization levels.
EMPLOYMENT IN LEATHER INDUSTRY
- Between 2017 and 2022, a total of 2.39 million additional jobs are expected to be created in the Leather Sector.
- This includes 0.88 million full time employees in leather manufacturing
- 0.77 million workers in micro enterprises
- 0.74 million in daily wage/self-employed workers such as cobblers.
KEY INITIATIVES OF LSSC
- Ecosystem development
- Content development
- Training of trainers
- Training programs
- Placement and certifications
This unique initiative aims to provide a one-stop solution for the skilling, learning, assessment and employment needs of the leather and leather products industry.
SOURCES:THE HINDU & PIB | SCALE India App : Skill India Mission | UPSC