Sahakar Pragya | UPSC
Shri Narendra Singh Tomar unveiled Sahakar Pragya
WHY IN NEWS:
Cooperatives should play a role in making villages and poor farmers AtmaNirbhar: Shri Tomar
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3: Agriculture
For PRELIMS understand the initiative and go through its implementation process .
For MAINS connect this initiative with start-up India scheme and also Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan . Let us dive in !
SAHAKAR PRAGYA TRAINING SERIES
- Cooperative sector to play a role in making the village-poor-farmers Atma Nirbhar.
- India boasts a huge network of over 8.50 lakh cooperative societies with about 290 million members.
- Cooperatives have a major role in Atma Nirbhar Bharat and it lends strength to farmers to minimize risks in agriculture .
- The allied sectors and act as shield against exploitation by unscrupulous traders.
- Sahakar Pragya embodies enhancing NCDC’s training capacity by 18 fold through an elaborate network of 18 Regional Training Centres across the country .
- These 45 training modules of Sahakar Pragya to be delivered at LINAC .
- It is a countrywide network of Regional Training Centres(RTC).
- These RTC will address the need for training of Primary cooperatives, FPO-Cooperatives and Self Help Groups federating.
- This will be along with Lakshmanrao Inamdar National Cooperative Research and Development Academy (Linac).
- It is dedicated by Laxmanrao Inamdar National Academy for Cooperative Research and Development (LINAC) set up and fully funded by NCDC.
NCDC AND CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETIES
- There are more than 2.53 lakh gram panchayats in the country.
- The Government is working to ensure that every household has access to basic amenities like toilets, electricity, water, cooking gas, etc.
- 86 percent small farmers in the country, who cannot invest in farming on their own.
- NCDC has emerged as a financial powerhouse giving the client cooperatives a wide range of products and services.
- So far it has advanced loans to the tunes of Rs 1.58 lakh crores to cooperative societies of various categories across the country.
- The training programmes will be supported under NCDC schemes.
- It extends financial assistance to cooperatives at all the three tiers, Primary, District and Apex / Multi-State.
- NCDC has been proactive in delivering innovative solutions for the cooperative sector.
- Formation of new cooperatives is a prerequisite for bringing new life and dedication in the realm of cooperative movement.
- Programmes like SAHAKAR-22 to develop cooperatives are in focus; 222 districts, including aspirational districts, Nurturing Primary Level Cooperatives.
- SAHAKAR MITRA – Scheme on Internship Programme
- YUVA SAHAKAR– Start Up Scheme in Cooperatives
- AYUSHMAN SAHAKAR– for creation of healthcare infrastructure and services are also active schemes.
SOURCES: PIB | Sahakar Pragya | UPSC