Table of Contents Hide
Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahostav 2021 | UPSC
Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahostav in Cooch Behar concludes
WHY IN NEWS:
Hot from PIB !
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 1 : Culture
RASHTRIYA SANSKRITI MAHOSTAV
- The three day Cultural Festival of the 11thRashtriya Sanskriti Mahostav in Rajbari of Cooch Behar, West bengal concluded last evening.
- There were various programs performed by Dohar, a popular Bengali band, other renowned artists and local troupes .
- The Mahostav organised for the Rajbari, the magnificent palace grounds witnessed performances by renowned artists and musicians; folk artists highlighting the rich cultural diversity.
- Organized by the Ministry of culture and the Eastern Zonal Cultural Centre Kolkata it has brought all the seven zonal cultural centres together to bring culture to the masses and also reinforce the goal of Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat.
- The second leg of the program will now be held in Darjeeling from 22nd to 24th February.
- A handicraft Mela was also held on the occasion.
- RSM, the flagship festival of this Ministry of Culture has been organized since 2015 .
- The active participation of Seven Zonal Culture Centres has been playing a pivotal role to take the vibrant culture of India out to the masses instead of confining to auditoria and galleries.
- Ten editions of RSM have been held till date since November, 2015 in various states and cities such as Delhi, Varanasi, Bengaluru, Tawang, Gujarat, Karnataka, Tehri and Madhya Pradesh.
- It has been instrumental in showcasing, folk and tribal art, dance, music, cuisines & culture of one state in other states reinforcing the cherished goal of “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat” .
- At the same time providing an effective platform to the artists and artisans to support their livelihood.