RAISE 2020 | Mega Virtual Summit on Artificial Intelligence | UPSC
RAISE 2020 – Mega Virtual Summit on Artificial Intelligence to be held from October 5-9
WHY IN NEWS:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate the summit ‘Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020 on 5th Oct at 7 PM’
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3: AI : Science and Technology
For PRELIMS go through the aim and significance of this event. Rest all we have covered it completely.
For MAINS do you think AI driven technology needs a large infrastructure , funds and policy making ?
SOURCES : raise2020.indiaai.gov.in
- The Responsible AI for Social Empowerment (RAISE 2020) virtual summit will be a Global Artificial Intelligence summit.
- It will be organized by the Government of India in partnership with Industry & Academia.
- RAISE 2020 will be a global meeting of minds to exchange ideas and chart a course for using AI for social transformation, inclusion and empowerment.
- The Summit aims to help create a data-rich environment, which is a stepping stone to eventually transform lives globally.
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and NITI Aayog will organize RAISE 2020– ‘Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020′.
- RAISE 2020– ‘Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020,’ will be from October 5-9, 2020.
Panel discussions will frame the summit, on cross-sector subjects like :
- ‘Leveraging AI for Pandemic Preparedness’
- ‘Inclusive AI’
- ‘Partnerships for Successful Innovation’ etc.
- Industry analysts predict that AI could add up to $957 billion to India’s economy by 2035.
- The Summit will also feature some of the most exciting startups working in Artificial Intelligence-related fields.
- Startups chosen through the AI Solution Challenge will showcase their solutions in the AI Startup Pitch fest scheduled on 6th Oct 2020.
- This is part of Government of India’s continuing support to tech entrepreneurs and startups by providing exposure, recognition and guidance.
- The Summit will serve as a platform for the meeting of some of the best minds in the world on AI.
SOURCES : raise2020.indiaai.gov.in
KEY FOCUS AREAS
- AI Governance & Institutional Mechanism for Collaboration & Innovation
- Promoting AI R&D in a safe, responsible and ethical manner
- Creating a culture of AI Makers & Innovators
- Ethical and Responsible Approaches to AI
- Scaling AI research to solve big societal problems
- Future of Work
- Infrastructure for AI led Innovation
- Collaboration for data driven research and decision making
- AI Research – Lab to Market
- Shaping young minds with AI
- Data and AI powered Financial Services
- Towards Inclusive AI –Empowering 1 Billion+
- NDIAai is the National AI Portal of India – a central hub for everything AI in India and beyond.
- The website aims to be the trusted content powerhouse in the backdrop of India’s journey to global prominence in Artificial Intelligence.
- In the history of human civilization, Artificial Intelligence is considered to be the next giant technological leap similar to electricity and the internet.
- India is well-positioned to become a global leader in the development of artificial intelligence.
- With AI possessing the power to radically transform the economic and social fabric of the world we live in.
- AI has emerged as a catalyst across industries and can play a transformative role in accelerating development.
- The Summit will explore in-depth, the role of AI in accelerating social empowerment.