Table of Contents Hide
PM-DAKSH Portal and App | UPSC
Dr. Virendra Kumar launches ‘PM-DAKSH’ Portal and ‘PM-DAKSH’ Mobile App
WHY IN NEWS:
Through ‘PM-DAKSH’ Portal, all information related to skill development are available at one place for Scheduled Castes, Backward Classes and Safai Karamcharis
PM-DAKSH PORTAL AND APP
- Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Dr. Virendra Kumar launched ‘PM-DAKSH’ Portal and ‘PM-DAKSH’ Mobile App.
- Through these portal and app the youth of the target groups will now be able to avail the benefits of skill development training programmes more easily.
- Skill development training has been imparted to 2,73,152 persons of target groups in the last five years.
PRADHAN MANTRI DAKSHTA AUR KUSHALTA SAMPANN HITGRAHI (PM-DAKSH) YOJANA
- The Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi (PM-DAKSH) Yojana is being implemented by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment from the year 2020-21.
Under this Yojana, eligible target group are being provided skill development training programmes on
(ii) Short Term Training Programme
(iii) Long Term Training Programme and
(iv) Entrepreneurship Development Program (EDP).
- These training programs are being implemented through Government Training Institutes, Sector Skill Councils constituted by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and other credible institutions.
- Now, any person can get all the information related to skill development training at one place by visiting the ‘PM-DAKSH’ Portal.
- Also, with just one click, one can get information about skill development trainings happening near him/her and he/she can easily register himself/herself for skill training.
- PM- DAKSH Portal is available at http://pmdaksh.dosje.gov.in while ‘PM-DAKSH’ Mobile App is available in Google play store.
Some of the features of this portal are as follows:
- Availability of all information related to skill development at one place for Scheduled Castes, Backward Classes and Safai Karamcharis.
- Facility to upload desired documents related to personal information.
- Facility to register the attendance of the trainees through face and eye scanning during the training period.
- Monitoring facility through photo and video clip during training etc.
Under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, three Apex Corporations are functioning :
- National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation
- National Backward Classes Finance and Development Corporation and
- National Safai Karamcharis Finance and Development Corporation.
To improve all-round competency & adeptness of 2.7 lakh persons, over the next 5 years, beginning with nearly 0.5 lakh youth in the first year i.e. 2021-22, from the following sections of the target group:
- Artisans–may be able to improve their revenue generation capacities within their practicing vocations,
- Women – may be able to enter into self-employment thereby financially empowering themselves without neglecting their domestic activities; and
- Youth from the target groups – may acquire long-term training and specialization in employable vocations giving them better standing in the job market.
OTHER FEATURES OF THE SCHEME
- Training free of cost for the trainees, 100% grants by Government.
- Stipend of Rs.1,000/- to Rs.1,500/- per month per trainee for trainees having 80% and above attendance in short term and long term training.
- Trained candidates will be provided certification after successful completion of training and assessment.
- Trained candidates will be provided placement after assessment and certification.
- Candidates of age group 18-45 years belonging to any of the following categories can apply for the training programme under PM-DAKSH.
- PM Daksh is holistically improving the competency levels of its target group comprising of members of Scheduled Castes communities and the poorer section of the Other Backward Classes Communities, Sanitation Workers.