ONLINE NAIMISHA 2020- Summer Art Program
National Gallery of Modern Art to run ONLINE NAIMISHA 2020- Summer Art Program from 8th June to 3rd July 2020
WHY IN NEWS:
Four workshops will be organized under ONLINE NAIMISHA 2020 Program
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 1:Culture
For PRELIMS it is important to understand the objective of this initiative.
ONLINE NAIMISHA 2020 :
- During this pandemic situation and lockdown, museums and cultural institutions cannot serve visitors and audiences as usual.
- It led NGMA to explore new areas and platforms to reach to its audiences.
- In the last two month or so NGMA has organised many programs and exhibitions virtually.
- The technological development provides an opportunity to organise such programs digitally.
- NGMA is making an endeavour to host its most popular summer art program NAIMISHA digitally.
- The month-long ONLINE summer program by NGMA, New Delhi is an initiative to provide a chance to its participants to create and learn from practicing artists.
- Four inclusive workshops have been planned by NGMA to engage and increase engagement virtually.
In the online NAIMISH 2020 program, four workshops will be organized entitled:
- Painting workshop,
- Sculpture workshop,
- Printmaking and
- Indrajaal – The Magic of Art (Interdisciplinary creative workshop to understand Freedom).
MEANING OF NAIMISHA :
NATIONAL GALLERY OF MODERN ART:
THE PRINCIPAL AIMS AND OBJECTIVES ARE:
- To acquire and preserve works of modern art from 1850s onward
- To organize, maintain and develop galleries for permanent display
- To organize special exhibitions not only in its own premises but in other parts of the country and abroad.
- To develop an education and documentation centre in order to acquire, maintain and preserve documents relating to works of modern art
- To develop a specialized library of books, periodicals, photographs and other audio visual materials
- To organize lectures, seminars and conferences, and to encourage higher studies and research in the field of art history, art criticism, art appreciation, museology and the inter-relations on visual and performing arts.
SOURCES:THE HINDU & PIB/DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS for UPSC CSE Prelims & Mains
DISCOVER MORE : Important Articles on Art and Culture for UPSC