Table of Contents Hide
NIPUN Bharat Mission | UPSC
Union Education Minister to launch NIPUN Bharat tomorrow
WHY IN NEWS:
Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Minister of Education, Government of India will be launching “National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy (NIPUN Bharat)” as a part of the National Mission on Foundational Literacy and Numeracy #NIPUNBharat
NIPUN BHARAT MISSION
- A short video, anthem and Implementation Guidelines on NIPUN Bharat will also be launched during this programme.
- This will also ensure that every child achieves the desired learning competencies in reading, writing and numeracy by the end of Grade 3, by 2026-27.
- NIPUN Bharat will be implemented by the Department of School Education and Literacy and a five-tier implementation mechanism will be set up at the National- State- District- Block- School level in all States and UTs.
- The launch of NIPUN Bharat marks an important step undertaken by the Department of School Education and Literacy, among a series of measures taken for implementation of the National Education Policy 2020, that was released on 29th July 2020.
- Senior officers from the School Education Department from all States and UTs, Senior Officials of the Department and Heads of Institutions will also attend the event.