Table of Contents Hide
Manthan Hackathon 2021 | UPSC
AICTE and BPR&D to launch MANTHAN-2021 tomorrow
WHY IN NEWS:
Sh. V.S.K. Kaumudi, IPS, Director General, Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) and Prof. Anil D. Sahasrabudhe, Chairman, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) on 26th August 2021 at National Media Centre will be launching MANTHAN 2021.
MANTHAN HACKATHON 2021
- Manthan 2021 is a hackathon based on national interests and challenges faced by our intelligence agencies that will be conducted online(Virtual).
- From Malware to Network Breach, Manthan covers all area that needs reformation from young Innovative minds that will help nation to build systems more secure and scalable without opting foriegn tools.
Manthan is basically focused on following categories:
- Image and Video Analytics
- Sentiment Analysis
- Natural Lang. Processing
- Image & Video Analytics
- Data Analytics
- Fake Content Detection
- Participants are expected to develop digital solutions under 6 themes for 20 different challenge statements.
PREMIER HACKATHON FOR NATIONAL SECURITY
- Ministry of Education’s innovation cell, AICTE along with BPR&D decided to conduct this hackathon in very short of time considering dynamically changing technology stack in national security domain.
- Virtual Hackathon basically refers to conducting an entire event online on a cloud based tool for non-stop 36 hours coding concept derived from Smart India Hackathon that engages all user types under one web console with different nodes.
- Similar to the physical event apart from the physical presence the virtual mode will emulate most functionalities and some even better.
- In order to conduct Manthan 2021 AICTE-MIC will follow the same procedure that we followed in Smart India Hackathon 2020 Software Edition.
Virtual Method can be elaborated in few simple points given below:
- A virtual/cloud-based web tool that allows all the stakeholders such as Students, Mentors, evaluators, experts and MIC-AICTE Officials to get connected via different nodes.
- As per Students view the tools will provide them a virtual room connected to cloud and will show all problem statements with description of the same, at the same time in that particular virtual room evaluator/Mentors will also be available just to ensure the progress of idea development during Hackathon.
- As per Problem statement creator’s view the tools will work as a reporting tools cum streaming console that will allow users to see the progress and interaction with the teams working on their problem statements.
- The tools will provide all essential reporting methods to ensure quality evaluation along with storage of the data in a secure cloud.
- As it’s a software Hackathon hence, AWS Codepipeline will be used in order to provide standardized coding outputs.
- Total Prize money worth Rs. 40 Lakh will be given to the winning teams.
- MANTHAN 2021 will have two phases.
- In the first phase, participants are expected to submit their concepts against the problem statements which they wish to solve on the portal.
- These submitted ideas will be evaluated by group of experts in the field and only the innovative ideas will be selected for the Grand Finale or 2nd round scheduled from 28th November 2021.
- Best ideas will be declared winners.