IASbhai Daily Mains Answer Writing Practice Caravan | 25th Nov 2020
“It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
QUESTION NO 1 : “Migration in India”
The migrant worker as a ghost among citizens
A new publication contends that their lockdown misery was no anomaly but an effect of exclusion from full citizenship
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 1 : Migration
The COVID-19 crisis in India has made the migrant workers visible in public discourse. But the dominant narratives have made them visible as subjects of compassion and not as active makers of our society.Discuss.(GS-1)
- Lockdown and the novel situation
- Quarantine Without Home
- Bridging the Social Gap
- Way Forward
- Explain the never ending journey which migrants took when the lockdown started.
- Plights : Starvation and Poverty .
- Discuss the context of reverse-migration.
- Statistics of migrant workers in India.
- Discuss the types of Labour
- Urban employment Scenarios should be portrayed.
- Socio-Economic conditions of Migrants vs New Labour Code should be highlighted.
- The Drift of migration and a Heat resistance map can explain the issue in a much simple manner.
- Favourable Policy Making
- A possible framework for the most vulnerable.
SOURCES: THE HINDU | Mains Answer Writing Practice Caravan | 25th Nov 2020
QUESTION NO 2 : “Corporate houses in Indian banking”
Say ‘no’ to corporate houses in Indian banking
The banking sector needs reform but the recommendation of corporate-owned banks is neither ‘big bang’ nor risk-free
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3 : RBI : Banking
There was a much needed banking sector reform needed at large but the recommendation of corporate-owned banks is neither ‘big bang’ nor risk-free. Substantiate -(GS 3)
- Dominance of Corporates
- The Worry is the risks
- Regulatory Credibility at risk
- Points to Privatisation
- Explain the procedure through which this ordinance was brought in.
- Discuss the key takeaways from IWG report
- Mention how crony capitalism will impact the NPA.
- Also examine the authority of RBI vs Corporate banks.
- Way Forward : How this framework can lead to more exploitation of existing banks .
SOURCES: THE HINDU IE | Mains Answer Writing Practice Caravan | 25th Nov 2020
Post your answers below in the comment section . We will surely review your answers that’s our promise !