“Life in Miniature” Project | UPSC
Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (I/C) ShriPrahlad Singh Patelvirtually launches “Life in Miniature” project
WHY IN NEWS:
Hot from PIB !
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 1 : Art and Culture
For PRELIMS this project is very important . Surf these images and painting in your leisure time . They cover lot of portion from Nitin Singhania book .
For MAINS take a note on technologies and arts sangam ! Let us dive in .
“LIFE IN MINIATURE” PROJECT
Several hundred miniature paintings from the National Museum, New Delhi can be viewed online on Google Arts & Culture by people around the world in a new project titled “Life in Miniature.”
- Several hundred miniature paintings from the National Museum, New Delhi can be viewed online by people around the world through “Life in Miniature”project.
- This will let people explore over 1,000 high resolution miniatures using Machine Learning and Augmented Reality
- Users will be able to see famous miniature collections of the National Museum in never before seen ways.
- This will be in extraordinary detail in just a few clicks – Check the links in Suggested section.
- The importance of ‘Digital India’ initiative and the role of technology in the preservation of India’s heritage has grown in recent years.
- Google is well known for its leadership in the technology sector and its focus on product innovation.
- The artworks showcased are presented along five universal themes of the human relationship with nature, love, celebration, faith and power.
- Users can explore these miniature marvels guided by Artificial Intelligence.
- A single miniature painting is a rare joy to behold, this experience is named – “Magnify Miniatures” .(Links below)
- This will enables online users to explore multiple artworks simultaneously is a stunning new experience.
- With “Life in Miniature”, users will be able to see famous miniature collections of the National Museum.
WHAT IS MINIATURE PAINTING
- Miniature paintings are among the most beautiful, technically-advanced and sophisticated art forms in Indian culture.
SOURCES : GOOGLE BLOGSPOT
- Though compact (about the same size as a small book), they typically tackle profound themes such as love, power and faith.
- Virtually wander the halls of a special ‘pocket gallery’.
- Inspired by the domes and doorways that punctuate Indian homes and public spaces, this is the first AR-powered art gallery designed with traditional Indian architecture.
ART MEETS AI
- Thanks to machine learning, we can now discover these attributes across a collection of miniature paintings.
- We can also select from tags like ‘face’, ‘animal’, or even ‘moustache’, and see where these features occur!
THE NATIONAL MUSEUM, NEW DELHI
- The National Museum, New Delhi, under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, is the premiere cultural institution of the Nation.
- This has both of Indian and Foreign origin covering more than 5,000 years of our cultural heritage.
- During current pandemic time, the National Museum has been engaging its visitors through digital platforms.
ABOUT GOOGLE ARTS & CULTURE
- Google Arts & Culture puts the collections of more than 2,000 museums at one’s fingertips.
- The virtual collection includes 1,200 high resolution images from 25 collections all around the world.
- More than 75 stories, depicting scenes that include legendary marriage processions, the joy of being among nature, or epic battles.
- The Google Arts & Culture app is free and available online for iOS andAndroid.
- The project reinforces the comprehensive collaboration between the National Museum and Google Arts & Culture, a partnership that began in 2011.
- Using your smartphone, you can open up a life-size virtual space, walk around at your leisure and zoom into your favourite pieces—you have this beautiful museum to yourself ! DIY 🙂
- The power of technology, people all over the world can engage with these miniature masterpieces like never before.
- We at IASbhai , want you to take that museum wali feeling 😉 Take a look at the links below :
ART MEETS AI – CLICK HERE
GOOGLE’s COLOUR BOOK – CLICK HERE
ALL 1000 Images – CLICK HERE
For Stories – CLICK HERE
SOURCES: PIB | “Life in Miniature” Project | UPSC