Kumhar Sashaktikaran Yojana | UPSC
Kumhar Sashakrikaran Yojana : Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah Distributes Electric Potter Wheels to Kumhar community in Gandhinagar
WHY IN NEWS:
Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah distributed 200 electric potter wheels (chaak) and other pottery equipment to 200 trained artisans
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3: Schemes
For PRELIMS remember the aim , new technology , implementation and most important the community !
For MAINS discuss plan, promotion, facilitate, organization and assistance in the establishment and development of khadi and village industries in the rural areas.
- As many as 200 families of Kumhar community from 20 villages in Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad took a stride towards sustainable self-employment by associating with Kumhar Sashakrikaran Yojana.
- The distribution of electric potter wheels will benefit at least 1200 members.
- Thereby, increasing their productivity and their income.
KUMHAR SASHAKRIKARAN YOJANA
- Kumbhar Sashaktikaran Program is an initiative of the Khadi and Village Industries Commission(KVIC).
- The program reaches out to the potters in : U.P., M.P., Maharashtra, J&K, Haryana, Rajasthan, West Bengal, Assam, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Odisha, Telangana and Bihar.
This program provides the following support to potters.
- Training for advanced pottery products
- Market linkages and visibility through KVIC exhibitions.
Due to the supply of electric chaaks, the potters have reaped the following benefits.
- More production with less hours of work.
- Less noise and better health benefits
- Empowerment of the Kumhar (Prajapati) community by improving their socio-economic condition is the focus of the scheme.
- This is also an important aspect when it comes to preserving the heritage art of pottery.
- It is important that young potters take up the art of pottery and expand it across the country.