Kisan Sarathi App | UPSC
Digital Platform Kisan Sarathi launched to facilitate farmers to get ‘right information at right time’ in their desired language
WHY IN NEWS:
Farmers can avail personalised advisories on agriculture and allied areas directly from scientists through the digital platform: IT Minister Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw
KISAN SARATHI APP
- In order to facilitate farmers to get ‘right information at right time’ in their desired language, a digital platform namely ‘KisanSarathi’ was launched jointly by Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare through video conference on 16th July 2021 on the occasion of 93rdICAR Foundation Day.
- The event was witnessed by farmers, stakeholders and partners of ICAR, DARE, MeitY and KVKs across the country.
- KisanSarathi app will help in empowering farmers with the technological interventions to reach farmers in remote areas.
- The ICAR Scientists are expected to take-up research on new technological interventions in the area of transportation of farmer’s crop from their farm gate to warehouses, markets and the places where they want to sell with minimum damage.
- Ministry of Electronics and IT and Ministry of Communications will always be ready to provide all necessary support to Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare and Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying for Empowerment of Farmers.
- Ministry of Railways is making a plan to minimise the time taken for transportation of crops.