India Mobile Congress 2020 | UPSC
Shri Sanjay Dhotre announces the fourth edition of India Mobile Congress 2020 through a video message
WHY IN NEWS:
50+ participating Companies, 3000+ CXO level delegates and 15000+ visitors coming together in virtual avatar to be held in December from 8th to 10th
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3: Communication : ICT
For PRELIMS go through aim , key areas of deliberation and objective of this conference . Do not forget the organisers .
For MAINS go through significance and the key topics introduced in this event . These technologies can be embedded into your Mains answers . Let. us dive in !
INDIA MOBILE CONGRESS (IMC) 2020
- This year prime Partners include Dell Technologies, Ribbon Communications and Red Hat.
- Department of Telecommunications (DoT)
- Cellular Operator Association of India (COAI)
- India Mobile Congress 2020 is scheduled for 8 December through 10 December 2020 & will be held virtually.
- IMC has established itself as a leading platform for bringing together the industry, Government, academia, and other ecosystem players.
- India Mobile Congress not only is the biggest technology event in South Asia, it is also the biggest networking event in India in the digital technology space.
- The scale and scope of IMC makes it one of the biggest events in India, across various domains and sectors.
- Inspire Satat Bharat — Sanatan Bharat (Digital inclusivity in connecting nearly 6 lakh villages with optical fiber
- Promote Samagra Bharat – Saksham Bharat (entrepreneurship & innovation)
- CONFERENCE : Three-day conference featuring industry experts & policy makers
- EXHIBITION : Showcasing the latest from the world of emerging technologies
- NETWORKING : Fostering collaboration between companies & individuals.
OBJECTIVES OF THE IMC PLATFORM
With more than 30 sessions and 150 plus speakers, IMC conference sessions will address industry defining topics:
- Revolving around 5G
- Intelligent Edge
- Immersive World
- Privacy & Ethics
- Autonomous Things
- Smart Spaces
- Augmented Analytics
- Inventive Unicorns
- Health and Future Logistics.
- COAI was constituted in 1995 as a registered, non-governmental society.
- COAI’s vision is to establish India as the global leader of mobile communications infrastructure, products .
- The association is also dedicated to the advancement of modern communication and towards delivering the benefits of innovative and affordable mobile communication services to the people of India.
- India Mobile Congress continues to assert its position as the leading platform for exhibition, dialogue and collaboration.
- India’s largest technology event this year will witness the coming together of some of the top industry stalwarts, Regulators and Policy Makers from across the globe.
SOURCES: PIB | India Mobile Congress 2020 | UPSC