India Global Week 2020 | UPSC
PM addresses the inaugural session of India Global week
WHY IN NEWS:
India is playing a leading role in the global revival : PM
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3 : Miscellaneous
For PRELIMS do go through theme of this event and the concept . This is not an important summit.
- PM said that the green-shoots of economic recovery could already be seen as owing to the indomitable Indian spirit.
- He said that there are investment opportunities in the defence sector and the space sector.
- Atma Nirbhar Bharat is not about being self-contained or being closed to the world but about being self-sustaining and self-generating.
- This is an India that is reforming, performing and transforming.
- This is an India that offers new economic opportunities.
INDIA GLOBAL WEEK 2020
India Global Week is where India meets the World, and the World meets India.
#BeTheRevival: India & A Better New World .
The event brings together over 5,000 global participants across +75 sessions and +250 speakers for incisive global discussion and lively debate over three invigorating days.
- India Global Week will re-energise and ignite optimism, but also inspire action.
- The event explores business, strategic and cultural opportunities, understand the challenges and make informed decisions as we look ahead to a better, brighter future beyond COVID-19.
- From Geopolitics to Business, Arts & Culture to Emerging Technologies, Banking and Finance, Pharma, Defence and Security, Social Impact are discussed by the speakers.
- Action-oriented focus to global deliberations are prime aspects of this summit.
It’s the place where we overcome our divides to address some of the burning issues around India’s march and impact on the world stage.