Table of Contents Hide
India–Africa Defence Dialogue | UPSC
India–Africa Defence Dialogue to be held alongside every DefExpo
WHY IN NEWS:
Hot from PIB !
INDIA–AFRICA DEFENCE DIALOGUE
- Dialogue to help build on existing partnerships between African countries & India
- Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses to be knowledge partner
- Raksha Mantri to host Defence Ministers of African nations in next India–Africa Defence Dialogue on sidelines of DefExpo 2022
- India and Africa share a close and historical relationship.
- The first-ever India Africa Defence Ministers Conclave (IADMC) was held in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh in conjunction with DefExpo on February 06, 2020, co-organised by Ministry of Defence and Ministry of External Affairs.
- This was the first in the series of Pan Africa events at the Ministerial level in the run-up to India Africa Forum Summit IV.
- A Joint Declaration, ‘Lucknow Declaration’ was adopted after conclusion of IADMC 2020 as an outcome document of the Conclave.
- Institutionalisation of the India Africa Defence Dialogue will help building on the existing partnerships between African countries & India.
- It has also been decided that Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh will host the Defence Ministers of African Nations in the next India – Africa Defence Dialogue on the sidelines of the DefExpo that is scheduled to be held at Gandhinagar, Gujarat in March 2022.
- It has been decided that Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses shall be the knowledge partner of India Africa Defence Dialogue and will assist in providing necessary support for enhanced defence cooperation between India and Africa.