IC-IMPACTS Annual Research Conference | UPSC
India-Canada IC-IMPACTS(the India-Canada Centre for Innovative Multidisciplinary Partnerships to Accelerate Community Transformation and Sustainability) Annual Research Conference discusses ways of taking cooperation to new level
WHY IN NEWS:
Hot from PIB !
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3: Human Resources : Summit : Conferences
For PRELIMS go through aim and key highlights of this conference . Do not forget the ministry !
For MAINS nothing much here .
IC-IMPACTS ANNUAL RESEARCH CONFERENCE
IC-IMPACTS is the first, and only, Canada-India Research Centre of Excellence .
- It was established through the Canadian Networks of Centres of Excellence (NCE) as a new Centre .
- It was dedicated to the development of research collaborations between Canada and India.
Built upon the vision of three of Canada’s leading research universities –
- The University of British Columbia
- The University of Alberta
- The University of Toronto
The online event will feature highlights from IC-IMPACTS research projects across Canada and India and intersections from the Centre’s three core themes:
- Safe and Sustainable Infrastructure
- Integrated Water Management
- Public Health.
- It will focus approaches aiding in the growing demand for smart and clean economies.
- There will also be an opportunity for participants to discuss the shared goals of Canada and India’s innovation and commercialization agendas.
- Best practices in the areas of women in science, technology deployment, diversity in science, and STEM at schools could be shared between them.
- Beside this exploring new research in Artificial Intelligence, Quantum Sciences, and Electric Mobility can be discussed.
- IC-IMPACT has resulted in 1,129 publications, 63 bilateral research projects, 24 technology deployments, 352 partnerships, and 29 patents and technology disclosures
- Projects implemented under this partnership have directly resulted in 7 start-ups and the creation of many jobs for our young graduates.
- Approximately 200 students most of whom are masters, Ph.D., and post-doctoral fellows were trained under the IC-IMPACT.
- This partnership is aimed towards working hand-in-hand with communities in the two countries to develop community-based solutions for the most urgent needs.
- DST has been working with IC-IMPACTS for research partnerships since 2013.