E-Sampada : Good governance day 2020 | UPSC
Booking of Holiday Homes, Social Function Venues Like 5 Ashoka Road, Allotment for over One Lakh Government Residential Accommodations Integrated on New Platform
WHY IN NEWS:
Hot form PIB !
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 2 : Governance
For PRELIMS go through the features , developers and application of the website .
For MAINS mention few points on how E-sampada can enhance transparency and accountability in the governance.
- E-Sampada– New Web Portal & Mobile App Launched on Good Governance Day– To Simplify Processes & Bring Uniformity In Systems Across India.
- E-Governance will Boost Transparency & Accountability in Providing Various Estate Services.
- This is in line with the objectives of boosting transparency and accountability while ensuring ease of living for the citizens.
- The new application provides a single window for all these services including allotment for over one lakh government residential accommodations.
- The app can be used for booking of 1,176 holiday home rooms and venues like 5, Ashoka Road for social functions etc.
- The Mobile App will be available for Android as well as iOS platforms.
- The Web Portal can be accessed at www.esampada.mohua.gov.in and Mobile App can be downloaded from Android Play Store / Apple App Store.
ONE NATION, ONE SYSTEM
- In its endeavour to provide ‘One Nation, One System’, the erstwhile four websites (gpra.nic.in, eawas.nic.in, estates.gov.in, holidayhomes.nic.in), and two Mobile Apps (m-Awas & m-Ashoka5) of the Directorate of Estates have been integrated into one.
- This is a significant step towards promotion of e-governance to boost transparency and accountability in providing various Estate Services like allotment, retention, regularisation, no dues certificate etc.
- E-Sampada is developed to simplify processes and bring uniformity in the system across India.
- Real time information on utilisation of assets and delivery of service will facilitate optimum utilisation of resources.
- The automated processes will minimize human intervention and will lead to greater transparency.
- E-Sampada equips users with very specialised features like personalised dashboard, service usage archive and real time status on licence fees/dues.
- All payments / dues are to be made cashless through digital modes.
- It is user friendly and is device responsive.
- Users will have visual experience of services and will be able to give feedback online.
- e-Sampada Mobile App and Chatbot facility has been provided for better user experience.
- E-Sampada to benefit all services, across India : Online, Paperless, Cashless
- 1,09,474 Government Residential Accommodation at 40 locations
- 1,176 Holiday Home Rooms/Suits at 62 locations
- Booking of Vigyan Bhawan
- Booking of venues for social functions
- It will reduce administrative cost and will save time and resources by reducing visits to Directorate of Estate.
- Service level benchmarks and activity log for officials are incorporated to ensure accountability.
SOURCES: THE HINDU IE PIB DownToEarth | E-Sampada : Good governance day 2020 | UPSC