Frontier Technologies Cloud Innovation Center | UPSC
NITI Aayog &AWS Launch Frontier Technologies Cloud Innovation Center in India
WHY IN NEWS:
Spur Innovation in Agriculture, Healthcare, Education,Infrastructure & Governance
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3:Information and technology
For PRELIMS go through the initiative and note down key takeaway points .
For MAINS what is cloud computing ? How are cloud servers allocating resources to AI , Machine Learning etc.
FRONTIER TECHNOLOGIES CLOUD INNOVATION CENTER
- NITI Aayog announced the establishment of a Frontier Technologies Cloud Innovation Center (CIC) with Amazon Web Services (AWS)—the first of its kind in India.
- This CIC is part of the AWS CIC Global Program.
- To identify and deploy leading-edge technologies to drive continuous innovation in delivering citizen services.
- Local enterprises, start-ups, researchers, and universities in India can experiment and build prototypes on AWS Cloud.
- With AWS Cloud, public sector organizations get the power of the broadest and deepest cloud services to accelerate their missions.
- Public sector organizations around the world use cloud technology to innovate in a fast and agile manner.
- This is to address problems at scale, and transform public services for citizens.
- The NITI Aayog Frontier Technologies CIC will be a great enabler to budding innovators and start-ups.
- It is also aligned to the Prime Minister’s vision of an Aatmanirbhar Bharat, as well that of NITI Aayog and Atal Innovation Mission.
CLOUD INNOVATION CENTERS (CIC) PROGRAM
- The Cloud Innovation Centers (CIC) Program provides an opportunity for nonprofits, education institutions, and government agencies to collaborate with other public sector organizations on their most pressing challenges.
- CIC also provides design thinking, test new ideas, and access the technology expertise of AWS.
- Any nonprofit, education, or government organization can apply to work on a challenge with our global network of public sector-led innovation centers.
- Organizations bring their expertise and work through a challenge engagement, uncover new ways to solve complex problems.
- Then they publish their lessons learned to further drive public sector innovation.
- IDENTIFY CHALLENGES : Starting with a problem in our community and working with a CIC to find new approaches to solving challenges.
- SOLVE COMPLEX PROBLEMS : People with diverse experiences come together and work towards new solutions for complex challenges.
- SCALE : Published results are open source to help people across the world learn from CIC collaborations.
- The NITI Aayog Frontier Technologies CIC joins a global network of AWS public sector cloud innovation centers across Australia, Bahrain, Canada, France, Germany, South Korea, and United States.
- Public sector organizations in India can achieve transformational economic and societal impact.
- Thus sharing our global experiences to accelerate digital innovation in the country.
SOURCES: PIB | Frontier Technologies Cloud Innovation Center | UPSC