MARATHON | Fit India Freedom Run | UPSC
Indian Railways to fully support implementation of “Fit India Freedom Run” starting from 15th August to 2nd October 2020
WHY IN NEWS:
‘Fit India Freedom Run’ was launched on Friday by Minister of State for Youth Affairs & Sports (Independent Charge) and Minister of State for Minority Affairs, Shri Kiren Rijiju and was graced by Shri V.K. Yadav, Chairman, Railway Board
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3: Sports : Marathon
For PRELIMS go through aim and concept . That should suffice 🙂
For MAINS Obesity is generally caused by eating too much and moving too little. Can you find more reasons to obesity ?
WHAT IS FIT INDIA MOVEMENT?
- It provides a unique and exciting opportunity to work towards a healthier India.
- Individuals and organisations can undertake various efforts for their own health and well-being as well as for the health and well-being of fellow Indians.
FIT INDIA FREEDOM RUN
- Fit India Movement is conducting Fit India Freedom Run from 15th August – 2nd October 2020.
- Run a route of your choice, at a time that suits you.
- Break-up your runs.
- Run your own race at your pace.
- Track your kms manually or by using any tracking app or GPS watch.
MODE OF PARTICIPATION
- Participation can be done through Fit India Website either on Organiser’s platform .
- Those who have undertaken their own run can individually submit their data and download the certificate.
- Our Nation celebrated 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi on 2nd Oct, 2019 in a big way.
- The special concept of FIT INDIA 2 km Plog event (02 Oct – at least 2 kms) as a special tribute was organised.
- Over 60000+ schools, colleges, Organisations, Councils, Panchayats, Corporations, Societies, RWA, NGOs, special interest groups organised events across India.
“Fit India Run” has been conceived keeping in view the indispensable need to keep ourselves fit while maintaining social distancing.