Exercise Varuna 2022 | UPSC
Exercise Varuna 2022 Culminated
WHY IN NEWS:
The last day (03 Apr 22) of the exercise had cross visits of personnel, cross embarkation of sea-riders and a closing session was conducted.
EXERCISE VARUNA 2022
- The culmination of the 20th edition of the Indo-French bilateral Naval exercise ‘Varuna-2022’ took place on 03 Apr 22.
- The exercise this year has an expanded scope cover a broad spectrum of maritime operations.
- Seamless coordination, precise execution of manoeuvres, and clockwork execution of complex anti-submarine warfare exercises characterized the conduct of Varuna-2022.
- The later part of the exercise also included exchange of sea-riders at sea.
- The units also undertook cross deck landings by integral helicopters, showcasing a high level of interoperability between them.
- The final phase of the exercise progressed with tapered focus on advanced anti-submarine warfare (ASW) exercises.
- Participants and operations teams of Participating units met onboard INS Chennai for a comprehensive debrief.
- All evolutions conducted at sea were discussed with options for possible inclusions in the future editions of the exercise.
- After debrief, culmination of the exercise was marked by the traditional steam past between ships of both navies.
- INS Chennai passed the column of French warships at close range with personnel biding each other favourable winds and following seas for the journey ahead.
- All operational objectives of the exercise were accomplished by the participants in full measure.
- The exercise reflected high synergy and mutual understanding between the Indian Navy and French Navy that will bolster their ability to undertake joint operations in maritime theatre, when required.
- Varuna-2022 will go a long way in strengthening the strategic partnership between India and France.