EDUCON-2020 : Virtual International Akhand Conference | UPSC
Union Education Minister inaugurates two-day Virtual International Akhand Conference ‘EDUCON-2020’
WHY IN NEWS:
Hot from PIB !
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3: Education
EDUCON-2020 : VIRTUAL INTERNATIONAL AKHAND CONFERENCE
- Union Education Minister today inaugurated the two-day Virtual International Akhand Conference ‘EDUCON 2020’ through video conferencing.
- This two-day International Conference is being organized by Central University of Punjab, Bathinda (CUPB) in collaboration with the Global Educational Research Association (GERA) .
- This two-day Akhand Conference will pass on the message to the researchers and students across the globe that the research is a 24X7 exercise and requires strong perseverance.
- Their functioning to bring transformational change in the field of education.
- Deliberations made during EDUCON2020 by internationally-acclaimed speakers & young researchers will certainly prove to be significant in preparing a roadmap for effective implementation of NEP-2020.
- Developing necessary skill-set among youngsters to enable them to contribute towards building an AtmaNirbhar Bharat.
- This Conference will provide a platform to researchers and educationists to share their views on drawing strategic-plan for implementing the recommendations of the student-centric National Education Policy-2020.
- The Conference will focus, from the global perspectives, on various paradigms of NEP-2020.
- The deliberations of the conference would bridge out the connection between our past heritage and future education system to re-establish Bharat as the Vishwa Guru in the field of education.
- In this International Conference, scholars from United Kingdom, Canada, Thailand, USA, Australia, Bhutan and India would be continuously discussing on the ten sub-themes.
- These ten sub-themes will be part of the focal theme ‘Envisioning Education for Transforming Youth to Realize Global Peace’ for 31 hours.
- Participant will explore the possibilities of the use of ICT in the higher education to promote the equitable quality education in India.
- Further, the conference will also provide a platform for discussions on emerging trends in education.
- Scenario of higher education and school education by 2050.
- Skill training programme for future graduates and relevance of ancient education system in 21st century.
- The minister gave the mantra of ‘Perform, Reform and Transform’ for successfully implementing all new imperatives of NEP-2020 essential for changing the society and transforming the life of youth for evolving global peace.
- This policy also considers the need to design framework for extended use of technology in the teaching-learning process, development of online course contents and introduction of Academic Bank of Credits.
SOURCES: THE HINDU IE PIB DownToEarth | EDUCON-2020 : Virtual International Akhand Conference | UPSC