eBloodServices Mobile App | UPSC
Dr. Harsh Vardhan launches Indian Red Cross Society’s ‘eBloodServices’ Mobile App
WHY IN NEWS:
Congratulates the Indian Red Cross Society for record procurement of 1,00,000+ units blood during COVID-19 crisis
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3:Health:Science and Technology : Application
For PRELIMS remember the application developers and the vision of this app ! That should suffice any Prelims question .
For MAINS do you think more such application should be connected with Primary healthcare centre too ?
- The Union Health Minister is also the Chairman of Indian Red Cross Society.
‘eBloodServices’ MOBILE APP
This Blood Donation App is a prime example of how the Digital India Scheme is serving the need for accessing blood services.
DEVELOPERS OF THE APPLICATION :
- This application is developed by the E-Raktkosh team of Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) under the Digital India scheme launched by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in 2015.
KEY FACTS :
- “Many people require blood related services on regularly because of certain medical conditions in their families.
- Through this App, four units of blood can be requisitioned at a time.
- The blood bank will wait for as long as 12 hours for the person to collect it.
- This app makes it easy for those in need to request for Blood units at IRCS NHQ.”
WORKING OF ‘eBloodServices’ MOBILE APP :
- REQUEST : Once the request is placed through the app, the requisite units become visible to IRCS, NHQ blood bank in its E-Raktkosh dashboard and this allows assured delivery within the specified time.
- SINGLE WINDOW ACCESS : This feature will make it easy for a blood seeker to obtain blood & shall bring the added advantage of complete transparency & single window access to the service.
- EMERGENCY MODE : Red Cross has facilitated donation by voluntary blood donors by either providing transport or sending blood collection mobile vans for on-site blood donation.
- At a time when the country is facing such a pandemic, the Mobile App will provide aid to all those who direly require blood.
- Regular blood donation can prevent obesity, cardiac problems and many other ailments.
- Blood donation is also a spiritual path by which mankind can be served.
SOURCES:THE HINDU & PIB | eBloodServices Mobile App | UPSC