E-commerce Portal: ekhadiindia.com | UPSC
The E-commerce Platform becomes another symbol of Ministry’s process re-engineering; this time through e-marketing
WHY IN NEWS:
Ministry’s khadi arm- Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC) launches E-commerce Portal: ekhadiindia.com
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 2 : 3 : MSME : Trade
E-COMMERCE PORTAL: EKHADIINDIA.COM
- It is the first ever effort of the Ministry & KVIC in online & B2C outreach.
- Necessitated by covid resultant restrictions on physical exhibition & marketing; KVIC steps up online sales & e-marketing.
- It is a firm step towards Prime Minister’s ‘vocal for local’ call.
- In addition to domestic market, the portal will help Indian local products & producers reach the global markets.
- The website catalogues over 50,000 products under more than 500 varieties and various categories of locally made Khadi and Village Industries products.
- The interest of our weavers, artisans, craftsmen and farmers has always been our top priority.
- Portal will fulfill the customer’s needs and supply the products at their door steps.
The Key Components of ekhadiindia.com that sets it apart from other online e-commerce platforms:-
- Exclusively focuses on Khadi and Villages Industries products.
- Authentic Khadi Trade Mark products will be available only through this portal.
- The ekhadiindia.com website is at par with any other modern technology rich ecommerce portal.
- Portal has also features of bulk orders and direct sellers registration.
- A huge platform for all the stake holders in integration with KVIC/KVIB/PMEGP/ SFURTI/ MSME/ Entrepreneurs and support to new MSMEs/PMEGP Units under the umbrella of KVIC.
- Here Institutions/ Units can directly sell/ship products to the customers.
- Customer care facility
- All refund policy.
- More than 50,000 users can use the Portal at the same time.
- Social media compatibility.
- Available in both website and mobile app versions.
- Digitized Payment ecosystem.
- Has pan India reach across 1.2Bn+ Population of 2400+ Cities /Towns 25600 from 29 States Last Mile Delivery.
- Launched with a wide range of 1500+ Products across various consumer verticals.
- ekhadiindia.com is the first of its kind government online shopping platform to boost rural economy and become self-sustainable.
- There has been a steady rise in demands for Khadi and Village Industries products over the last few years with 2018-2019 alone witnessing the surge of 25%.
- Cashing on the growing shift towards natural products, especially by the new generation consumers, KVIC is up for giving it all for repositioning India’s legendary brand Khadi.
- The portal is also an answer to the call of youth demographics who prefer online shopping over offline shopping.
- KVIC is one of the biggest employment providers in the country and which is bringing to life Prime Minister’s vision of Digital India through its various innovations.
- KVIC envisages to emerge as a new age digital marketplace for weavers, artisans, craftsmen, farmers and micro/ small entrepreneurs of India with the Khadi and Village Industries.
SOURCES: PIB | E-commerce Portal: ekhadiindia.com | UPSC