Dhanvantri Rath | UPSC
Dhanvantri Rath: Taking Non-COVID healthcare services to peoples’ doorsteps in Ahmedabad
WHY IN NEWS:
Hot from PIB !
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3:Health
For PRELIMS just keep an eye on this van . This is a multi purpose van dedicated to serve as a lifeline for non-COVID patients.
For MAINS do you think Immunisation Program should also be included with this drive ?
UNIQUE INITIATIVE BY
- A unique and innovative example has been set by the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC).
- Many of the large hospitals in the city have been dedicated for COVID-19 treatment.
- Hence various measures have been taken to ensure that non-COVID essential services related to diabetes, blood pressure, heart ailment etc., are also provisioned to people who cannot visit the hospitals as many of them were not operating the OPDs.
- One of interventions adopted by AMC is large scale deployment of the Mobile Medical Vans named ‘Dhanvantri Rath’.
- OPD SERVICES : These vans have been visiting various areas and providing OPD services for non-COVID essential services and field medical consultations to people all over Ahmedabad City at their doorsteps.
- CLINICAL TREATMENT : Dhanvantri Rath has helped identify those who need further clinical treatment or an IPD admission, and ensured that they reach the hospital in a timely manner.
- AMC has deployed 120 Dhanvantri Raths across the city.
- The Dhanvantri Vans have successfully conducted over 4.27 lakh OPDs consultations, so far.
- From 15th June, 2020, the scope of health services of mobile medical vans has been extended to include malaria & dengue tests.
- The intervention has helped to successfully treat over 20,143 patients with fever, over 74,048 with cough, cold & coryza, over 462 patients with severe respiratory tract infections were referred to Urban Health Centre & hospitals for clinical treatment,
- Also, 826 patients with hyper-tension, diabetes and other co-morbidities for clinical treatment at the nearby urban health centres, community health centres, and hospitals.
SOURCES:THE HINDU & PIB | Dhanvantri Rath | UPSC