Destination North East-2020 Festival | UPSC
Destination North East-2020
WHY IN NEWS:
Union Minister Dr.Jitendra Singh unveils the Logo and song for festival “Destination North East-2020
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 1 : Festivals
For PRELIMS this is festival which is to be held on the banks of river Ganges . Remember the aim and significance . That should suffice the preparation.
DESTINATION NORTH EAST-2020
- The Logo and song for festival “Destination North East-2020” (The Emerging Delightful Destinations) was launched.
- The event brings the rich, unexplored potential & opportunities available in the North East.
- It will also provide a mix and match the flavour of the Uttar Pradesh and North East states cuisine and culture.
- The event “Destination North East 2020” is also an effort to make everyone explore the Local Destinations rather than going anywhere abroad.
- Aim of Destination North East is to bring the rest of India closer to North East India.
- The North East will play an important role in India’s Act East Policy.
- To Act East effectively on foreign policy, it is necessary to Act East within our borders.
- Thus this will give a boost to the local Tourism and Hospitality industry.
- The 4-day event will be formally inaugurated by Union Minister for Home Affairs .
- Experience Destination North East, will be held at Varanasi, starting September 27th.
- North-Eastern Region will be one of the favourite tourist and business destinations of India post COVID-19.
- Moreover, by remaining Corona free mostly, North East offers a very safe and attractive tourist destination in the entire World.
- The festival is not just about Tourism, but it’s an invitation to the organisations too.
- Specially to the young entrepreneurs who would like to avail the advantage of unexplored potentials of the region.
- North East offers a lot to Rest of India to learn from its culture, cuisines, entrepreneurship skills and scenic attributes.
- The region has a very rich business tradition in the areas of Bamboo, Handicrafts, Textiles and Handloom.