“The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one’s destiny to do, and then do it.” —Henry Ford
Current Affairs News Analysis for UPSC | 18th Dec 2021
2.24 lakh vaccinated in 2 days
2.24 lakh vaccinated in 2 days, 447 report adverse reactions
WHY IN NEWS:
Drive held in only six States on Sunday; sessions to be limited to 4 days a week
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3:Health:Diseases
SOURCES : THE HINDU
- With 3,000 vaccination sites and a capacity of 100 persons per site, the Centre had planned to vaccinate 3,00,000 persons nationally on Saturday.
- Consolidated figures on Sunday show that 2,07,000 — or about seven in 10 — were inoculated on the inaugural day.
Only six States — Arunachal Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Manipur and Tamil Nadu — conducted vaccination sessions on Sunday.
The Health Ministry has advised the States and the Union Territories to conduct vaccination on only four days a week to minimise disruption to routine health services.
SOURCES: THE HINDU | Current Affairs News Analysis for UPSC | 18th Dec 2021
WHY IN NEWS:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off eight trains from different parts of the country to Kevadia in Narmada district. Out of these eight trains, the Janshatabdi Express from Ahmedabad-Kevadia has a Vistadome coach.
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3: Transport
- The Vistadome coach is a state-of-the-art coach made by Indian Railways, designed to provide passengers with travel comfort as well as an enhanced viewing experience of their surroundings.
- It is for the first time that the Vistadome coach has been made on the Linke Hofmann Busch (LHB) platform, made for passenger coaches for trains in India.
- Some of the features of the Vistadome coach are an observation lounge with a large window for passengers to experience the scenic route to Kevadia.
- The 44 recliner-180 degree rotatable seats ensure people can enjoy the view from both windows to their right and left, there are automatic sliding doors at both gates of the coach, glass rooftops offer a panoramic view, while there are five large windows on each side.
SOURCES: PIB | Current Affairs News Analysis for UPSC | 18th Dec 2021