Chunauti | UPSC
IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad Launches “Chunauti”- Next Generation Start-up Challenge Contest
WHY IN NEWS:
Union Minister also laid foundation stone of the digital training and skilling center of National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) at Muzaffarpur in Bihar.
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3: Technology : Skill development : Digital India : Recent developments
For PRELIMS go through the aim and funding of this initiative . Mention the categories in your Prelims book .
For MAINS nothing much here .
“CHUNAUTI”- NEXT GENERATION STARTUP CHALLENGE CONTEST
“Chunauti”- Next Generation Startup Challenge Contest is to boost startups and software products with special focus on Tier-II towns of India.
- Foundation has been laid at IT Capacity Building Center of NIELIT in Muzaffarpur in Bihar.
FUNDING AND TIMELINE
Under this challenge the Ministry of Electronics and IT will invite startups in the following areas of work:
- Edu-Tech, Agri-Tech & Fin-Tech Solutions for masses
- Supply Chain, Logistics & Transportation Management
- Infrastructure & Remote monitoring
- Medical Healthcare, Diagnostic, Preventive & Psychological Care
- Jobs & Skilling, Linguistic tools & technologies.
- The startups selected through Chunauti will be provided various support from the Government through Software Technology Parks of India centers across India.
- They will also get access to venture capitalist funding, industry connect as well as advisories in legal,Human Resource (HR), IPR and Patent matters.
- Besides seed fund of upto Rs. 25 Lakh, the startups will also be provided cloud credits from leading cloud service providers.
- Start-ups who are in the ideation stage may be selected under the pre-incubation programme.
- They will also be mentored for up-to six months to evolve their business plan & solution around the proposed idea.
(1) The challenge invites the proposals/applications from Indian Start-ups who are working in domain related to software product development.
(2) Start-ups registered with DPIIT under start-up India programme are encouraged to participate in this programme.
(3) Individual Academicians, Researchers, Educators, Entrepreneurs, partnership firms, LLPs may also participate.
- The government of Bihar has allocated one acre of land for this institution.
- This center will be developed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India at a cost of Rs. 9.17 Crore.
- Different courses such as O level, CCC, BCC, Programming and multimedia training will be offered from this center.
Startups can apply by visiting the website of STPI or by clicking at the link https://innovate.stpinext.in/