Bengaluru Tech Summit 2020 | UPSC
PM to inaugurate Bengaluru tech summit, 2020 on 19th november
WHY IN NEWS:
The Bengaluru Tech Summit is scheduled from 19th to 21st November, 2020.
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3: Science and Technology : Bio Pharma
For PRELIMS go through aim , key deliberations , organisers and do not forget the theme of this event.
BENGALURU TECH SUMMIT 2020
- Bengaluru Tech Summit is one of the biggest biotech shows in India.
- The conference will attract the participation of global experts to enable knowledge sharing and enhance networking opportunities.
- An exciting and exclusive event, the Bio Awards will recognise the contribution of biotech companies and individuals .
- The summit will deliberate on the key challenges emerging in the post-pandemic world with focus on the impact of prominent technologies.
The summit is organised by:
- The Government of Karnataka along with Karnataka Innovation and Technology Society (KITS)
- Karnataka government’s Vision Group on Information Technology
- Software Technology Parks of India (STPI)
- MM Activ Sci-Tech Communications.
- CONFERENCE : BTS Conference this year with the theme “Next is Now“.
- EXHIBITION : BTS Exhibition is the most exciting place if you are from IT, Electronics and Biotechnology.
- PARTNERING : BTS Summit will help you search for the perfect Business Partner
- GLOBAL INNOVATION ALLIANCE (GIA) : Is an initiative of Government of Karnataka’s Department of Electronics, IT, Bt and S&T.
- INDIA INNOVATION ALLIANCE (IIA) : It is crucial for India to bridge the existing gap and to improve its overall technology.
- AWARDS : Virtual Award Ceremony: Award Categories: Pharma, Agri Start-up, Omics Services.
- LAB TO MARKET : Recognising disruptive research ideas and helping them become disruptive technologies.
- Leaders, industry captains, technocrats, researchers, innovators, investors, policy makers and educators from India and the world will also be participating in the summit.
- It will be presented in 4 Parallel Conference Tracks on IT, BT, GIA and Start-Up.
- It is the place to network with over 5000 attendees consisting ; IT & Biotech industry, Policy Makers and Investors.
- BTS Conference this year with the theme “Next is Now” will do crystal-ball gazing of the world in the post pandemic era.
- The best minds from across the globe from diverse domains will share their incisive insights on issues.
- These aspects are going impact our lives & business and define the future.
INDIA BIO @ BTS
- Bangalore was the first city in the country to host the IT event in 1998 and Biotech event in the year 2001.
- In the year 2017 these two flagship events of India were collocated under the Bengaluru Tech summit.
- Since then India Bio is the new Avatar of iconic Biotech event ; new format converges with global tech community @ BTS.
- India Bio @BTS 2020 is expected to bring the best minds from India and across the globe over three days and 15 sessions.
- The conference attendees will be who’s who from the biotech and allied fields and it will be a great place to network .
- Participants can forge new ties through multiple opportunities offered to registered delegates.
- Information Technology activity in Karnataka is largely concentrated in Bengaluru.
- In recent years, other parts of Karnataka have also seen a growth in IT-related activities.
- The developing cities of Mangaluru, Mysuru, Belagavi and Hubballi – Dharwad are also emerging as attractive destinations.
The Department has created K-Tech Innovation Hubs across the State, including the Centres of Excellence.
SOURCES: PIB | Bengaluru Tech Summit 2020 | UPSC