Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY SEHAT Yojana | UPSC
PM to launch Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY SEHAT to extend coverage to all residents of J&K on 26 December
WHY IN NEWS:
Union Home Minister and Lieutenant Governor of J&K will also be present on the occasion.
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3: Schemes
For PRELIMS go through the aim and beneficiaries of this scheme.
For MAINS revise the scheme once – Ayushman Bharat yojana.
AYUSHMAN BHARAT PM-JAY SEHAT YOJANA
- The scheme will ensure Universal Health Coverage .
- The primary focus is on providing financial risk protection and ensuring quality and affordable essential health services to all individuals and communities.
- The Scheme provides free of cost insurance cover to all the residents of the UT of J&K.
- It provides for operational extension of PM-JAY to 15 lakh (approx) additional families.
- The scheme will operate on insurance mode in convergence with PM-JAY.
- The benefits of the scheme will be portable across the country.
- The hospitals empanelled under PM-JAY scheme shall provide services under this scheme as well.
ACHIEVING UNIVERSAL HEALTH COVERAGE
- Universal Health Coverage (UHC) includes the full spectrum of essential, quality health services, from health promotion to prevention, treatment, rehabilitation.
- UHC protects people from the financial consequences of paying for health services out of their own pockets and reducing the risk that people will be pushed to poverty.
- The Ayushman Bharat program, with its two pillars – Health and Wellness Centres and Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojna – is envisaged to achieve UHC.
SOURCES: PIB | Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY SEHAT Yojana | UPSC