Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana
Relaxation in eligibility criteria and enhancement in the payment of unemployment benefit under Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan yojana of ESIC
WHY IN NEWS:
Hot from PIB !
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3: Scheme
For PRELIMS go through eligibility , aim and do not forget the ministry .
For MAINS nothing much here.
ATAL BIMIT VYAKTI KALYNA YOJNA
- It has been decided to relax the existing conditions and the amount of relief for workers who have lost employment during the Covid-19 pandemic period.
- Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana is a welfare measure being implemented by the Employee’s State Insurance (ESI) Corporation.
- The scheme was implemented on pilot basis for a period of two years initially.
- The enhanced relief under the relaxed conditions will be payable during the period of 24.03.2020 to 31st December 2020.
- Thereafter the scheme will be available with original eligibility condition during the period 01.01.2021 to 30.06.2021.
- Review of these conditions will be done after 31.12.2020 depending upon the need and demand for such relaxed condition.
a.The payment of relief has been enhanced to 50% of average of wages from earlier 25% of average wages payable upto maximum 90 days of unemployment.
b. Instead of the relief becoming payable 90 days after unemployment, it shall become due for payment after 30 days.
c. The Insured Person can submit the claim directly to ESIC Branch Office instead of the claim directly in the bank account of IP.
d. The Insured Person should have been insurable employment for a minimum period of 2 years before his/her unemployment
- The scheme provides relief to the extent of 25% of the average per day earning during the previous four contribution periods .
- This is to be paid up to maximum 90 days of unemployment once in lifetime of the Insured Person.