ASEEM-Aatamanirbhar Skilled Employee Employer Mapping | UPSC
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship launches AI-based ASEEM digital platform to bridge demand-supply gap of skilled workforce across sectors
WHY IN NEWS:
Hot from PIB !
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3:Skill Development : Digital India : Human Resource Development
For PRELIMS remember the developers the aim of this portal and working methodology.
For MAINS this is the first time AI has been guiding governance . Do you think all the portals should use this technology . How will this benefit farmers ?
AATAMANIRBHAR SKILLED EMPLOYEE EMPLOYER MAPPING (ASEEM)
‘Aatamanirbhar Skilled Employee Employer Mapping (ASEEM)’ portal will help skilled people find sustainable livelihood opportunities.
- ASEEM is developed and managed by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in collaboration with Bengaluru-based company Betterplace.
- ASEEM is also available as an APP.
THE KEY FOCUS IS IDENTIFYING
- Industry requirements
- Skill gap analysis
- Demand per district/ state/cluster
- Key workforce suppliers
- Key consumers
- Migration patterns and
- Multiple potential career prospects for candidates.
THE PORTAL CONSISTS OF THREE IT BASED INTERFACES
- EMPLOYER PORTAL : Employer onboarding, Demand Aggregation, candidate selection
- DASHBOARD : Reports, Trends, analytics, and highlight gaps
- CANDIDATE APPLICATION : Create & Track candidate profile, share job suggestion
The skilled workforce can register their profiles on the app and can search for employment opportunities in their neighbourhood.
- DATABASE : Database of labour migrants in Indian states and overseas citizens from Vande Bharat Mission and filled SWADES Skill Card, has been integrated with the ASEEM portal.
- INTEGRATIONS : Candidate data coming to Skill India Portal from various state and central skilling schemes will be integrated including PMKVY, Fee-based Programs, National Urban Livelihoods Mission, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana and Seekho aur Kamao.
- AI PLATFORM : Artificial Intelligence-based platform has been envisioned to strengthen their career pathways by handholding them through their journeys to attain industry-relevant skills and explore emerging job opportunities especially in the post COVID era.
- PLANNING : ASEEM will provide employers a platform to assess the availability of skilled workforce and formulate their hiring plans.
- ANALYTICS : ASEEM refers to all the data, trends and analytics which describe the workforce market and map demand of skilled workforce to supply.
- REAL TIME DATA : It will provide real-time granular information by identifying relevant skilling requirements and employment prospects.
Migrant labour has been severely impacted by the socio-economic fallout of the COVID pandemic.
- The portal will monitor any sort of duplication of data and further re-engineer the vocational training landscape in the country ensuring a skilling, up-skilling and re-skilling in a more organised set up.
- ASEEM provides to both employer and employee will add value to the labour ecosystem and contribute to building the trust among the workforce, which is essential for the recovery of the economy.
ASEEM portal has been envisioned to give a huge impetus to our persistent efforts to bridge the demand-supply gap for skilled workforce across sectors, bringing limitless and infinite opportunities for the nation’s youth.
- This platform will ensure we bring in close convergence and coordination across various schemes and programs operating in the skill ecosystem.
- This is a partnership of talent and technology to Empower India with Access Opportunities facilitating better livelihood opportunities to the candidates.
ASEEM can be a tool for supporting decision and policymaking ,maintaining high-quality, curated and digital profiles.