All About 5G Internet Ecosystem | UPSC
Telcos urge govt. to spell out 5G policy
WHY IN NEWS:
Bharti Airtel’s Vittal seeks uniform global standards, Ambani touts home-grown network technology
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3: Communication
- Like 4G LTE, 5G OFDM operates based on the same mobile networking principles.
- However, the new 5G NR air interface can further enhance OFDM to deliver a much higher degree of flexibility and scalability.
- This could provide more 5G access to more people and things for a variety of different use cases.
- 5G will bring wider bandwidths by expanding the usage of spectrum resources, from sub-3 GHz used in 4G to 100 GHz and beyond.
- 5G is designed to deliver faster, better mobile broadband services compared to 4G LTE.
- It can also expand into new service areas such as mission-critical communications and connecting the massive IoT.
- This is enabled by many new 5G NR air interface design techniques, such as a new self-contained TDD subframe design.
- 1G, 2G, 3G, and 4G all led to 5G, which is designed to provide more connectivity than was ever available before.
- With high speeds, superior reliability and negligible latency, 5G will expand the mobile ecosystem into new realms.
SOURCES: THE HINDU | All About 5G Internet Ecosystem | UPSC