There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.-Edith Wharton
Curtain Raiser:Exercise AJEYA WARRIOR-2020
WHY IN NEWS:
Fifth edition of Joint Military Exercise AJEYA WARRIOR-2020 between India and United Kingdom will be conducted at Salisbury Plains, United Kingdom from 13 to 26 February 2020.
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3:Defence : AJEYA WARRIOR-2020
For PRELIMS note the aim and venue of this exercise
- The exercise will comprise of 120 soldiers each from Indian and United Kingdom Army who would be sharing their experiences gained during conduct of various counter insurgency and counter terrorist operations in the past.
- The aim of this exercise is to conduct company level joint training with emphasis on counter terrorists operation in Urban and Semi Urban areas.
- Training on modern weapon systems, equipment and simulator training have also been planned.
- Exercise AJEYA WARRIOR with United Kingdom is an important exercise in terms of the security challenges faced by both the nations in the realm of changing facets of global terrorism.
- The joint military exercise displays a bilateral willingness to work jointly and share operating procedures to deal with a situation in a specified operational setting.
Exercise AJEYA WARRIOR will promote defence cooperation and enhance interoperability while sharing experiences between both the armies.