AatmaNirbhar Bharat App | UPSC
Meity-NITI launches Digital India AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge to realise PM’s vision of Digital India – AatmaNirbhar Bharat
WHY IN NEWS:
Existing apps are to be promoted in Track 1 of App Innovation Challenge
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3:Application : Recent Developments : Science and Technology
For PRELIMS keep a note on developers , aim , Tracks and the categories . That should suffice !
For MAINS lookout for challenges and the approach . How are other countries dominating social media domain ?
AATMANIRBHAR BHARAT APP
With an objective to support and build a strong ecosystem for Indian Apps, Niti Aayog launches Digital India AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge for Indian tech entrepreneurs and Startups.
DEVELOPERS OF THE APP
MeitY in partnership with Atal Innovation Mission . ( #NIC-National Informatics Centre the real developers)
This shall run in 2 tracks: Promotion of Existing Apps and Development of New Apps.
- FOCUS : The focus of the Track 1 App Innovation Challenge, being launched today is to identify the best Indian Apps that are already being used by citizens and have the potential to scale and become world class Apps in their respective categories.
- REWARDS : This Innovation Challenge with various cash awards and incentives of featuring Apps on Leader Boards seeks to create an ecosystem where Indian entrepreneurs and Startups are incentivised to ideate, incubate, build, nurture and sustain Tech solutions that can serve not only citizens within India but also the world.
- This shall be completed in a month.
- Office Productivity & Work from Home
- Social Networking
- Health & Wellness
- Business including Agritech and Fin-tech
There may be several sub categories within each category.
- ROLLING OUT : Government will also launch Track 2 of the AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge that will seek to identify Indian start ups / entrepreneurs /companies and encourage them with ideation, incubation, prototyping and roll out of applications.
This track will run for a longer course of a time, details of which shall be provided separately.
Only Indian entrepreneurs and start-ups will be eligible to submit their entries in various categories
- Ease of use
- Security features
- Jury with experts from Private Sector & Academia to Evaluate
- Shortlisted Apps to be awarded & put on Leader boards
Following Awards will be given in each of the Eight Categories:
- First Prize – 20 Lakhs
- Second Prize-15 Lakhs
- Third Prize-10 Lakhs
- Shortlisted Apps will be given awards & will also feature on Leader boards for information of citizens.
- Government will also adopt suitable Apps, guide them to maturity and list on Government e-Marketplace (GeM).