2nd National Youth Parliament Festival | UPSC
PM addresses Valedictory Function of 2nd National Youth Parliament Festival
WHY IN NEWS:
Impact and Influence of Swami Vivekananda Remains Intact in Our National life: PM
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 2 : NSS
NATIONAL YOUTH PARLIAMENT FESTIVAL 2021
- The National Youth Festival is celebrated every year from January 12 to 16.
- January 12 is the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda and is also observed as National Youth Day.
- To hear the voice of youth between 18 and less than 25 years of age, who are allowed to vote but cannot stand as a candidate for election, through deliberations in Youth Parliaments at district level and above.
- To encourage the youth to engage with public issues, understand the common man’s point of view, form their opinions and express it in an articulate manner.
- To develop and enhance decision making abilities.
- To develop in them a respect and tolerance for the views of others.
- To obtain and document their opinions on Vision of New India in 2022.
- To make available their views to policy makers and implementers to take it forward.
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION
- Youth, to participate in Youth Parliament must be above 18 and less than 25 years of age as on 30thNovember, 2020.
- Furnishing of false information will lead to disqualification from participation in the Parliament at whatever stage.
Youth Parliaments will be conducted at three levels:
a) District Youth Parliament (DYP) : Preliminary rounds of screening will be conducted to select youth for participation in the DYP.
b) STATE YOUTH PARLIAMENT (SYP) : The youth selected by a Jury from the District Youth Parliament will participate at the State level in SYP.
c) NATIONAL YOUTH PARLIAMENT (NYP) : The youth selected by a Jury from the State Youth Parliament will participate at the National level in NYP in New Delhi .
The evaluation criteria to select speakers for State Youth Parliament by the Jury will be as given below:
- Clarity of Thought
- Content knowledge
- To ensure that all sections of youth population are able to participate, the language for participation at District and State Parliaments will be Hindi, English or Official Language of the State.
- However, participants will be able to use either Hindi or English for National Youth Parliament.
- The Event took place in the Central Hall and the Prime Minister also heard the views of the three young national winners of the Festival.
- The participants at the National Level have to come with the RT PCR Negative test Report from their respective states upto maximum 72 hours before commencement of the programme.
SOURCES: PIB | 2nd National Youth Parliament Festival | UPSC