Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.– Steve Jobs
23rd Sep Current Affairs News Analysis | Prelims & Mains 2020
Government has launched YuWaah – a multi-stakeholder platform to make young people career ready
WHY IN NEWS:
Hot from PIB !
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3: Youth : Employment
- Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports and United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) have signed a “Statement of Intent” on 20.07.2020 to establish YuWaah.
- YuWaah, Generation Unlimited (GenU), a global multi-stakeholder platform in India.
- Support young people by providing entrepreneurship classes (online and offline) with successful entrepreneurs.
- Upskilling of young people on 21st century skills, life skills, digital skills through online and offline channels.
- Thus support them through self-learning, for their productive lives and the future of work.
- Create linkages with aspirational economic opportunities to connect young people with employment opportunities,.
- Including building pathways to connect them with jobs or self-employment.
- For this, innovative solutions and technology platforms will be engages to take maximize the scale and reach.
- Providing career guidance support to young people through career portal as well as through job-readiness .
- The role of Department of Youth Affairs in this project is to provide relevant experts to participate on the YuWaah Technical Working Groups/ Task Forces.
SOURCES:PIB |23rd Sep Current Affairs News Analysis
Successful Flight Test of ABHYAS
WHY IN NEWS:
Hot from PIB !
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3:Defence
- It was launched from the Interim Test Range, Balasore in Odisha.
- During the trials, two demonstrator vehicles were successfully test flown.
- The vehicle can be used as target for evaluation of various missile systems.
- Abhyas is designed & developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), DRDO.
- The air vehicle is launched using twin underslung booster.
- It is powered by a small gas turbine engine and has MEMS based Inertial Navigation System (INS) for navigation.
- The vehicle is programmed for fully autonomous flight.
- The check out of air vehicle is done using laptop based Ground Control Station (GCS).
- The Abhyas is launched from a mobile launcher with the help of two 68 mm booster rockets.
- During the test campaign, the user requirement of 5 km flying altitude, vehicle speed of 0.5 mach, endurance of 30 minutes .
- The concept of Abhyas was proved and pre-project details were completed on January 2013.
- The first experimental launch (minus the engine) was conducted in 2012.
- The design of the fuselage is based is based on Lakshya, a high speed target drone system .