12th Aug Current Affairs News Analysis | Prelims & Mains 2020
“You measure the size of the accomplishment by the obstacles you had to overcome to reach your goals.” –Booker T. Washington
Tribal Freedom Fighters’ Museums
M/O Tribal Affairs Setting up Tribal Freedom Fighters’ Museums to give due Recognition to Sacrifices and Contribution to Country’s Freedom Struggle by Tribal People
WHY IN NEWS:
Hot from PIB !
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 1 : Tribes
TRIBAL FREEDOM FIGHTERS’ MUSEUMS
- The Government desires and is planning permanent museums in the States where Tribals lived, struggled against the British and refused to be bowed down.
- These museums will trace the history along the trails, along which the tribal people in hills and forests fought for their right to live and will.
- Thus it will be combine ex situ display with in situ conservation, regeneration initiatives.
- These will be museums, objects as well as ideas.
- These will demonstrate the way tribal struggles for protecting their custodial concerns for the biological and cultural diversity of the country, have helped in nation building.
- It is expected that by the end of 2022 all the museums will come into existence.
A National Level Committee (NLC) under the Chairpersonship of Secretary, M/o Tribal Affairs was constituted to appraise and approve the proposals including monitoring of progress.
- Tribal Resistance Movement was an integral part of Freedom movement of India.
- In this historic struggle, the heroic role played by many distinguished tribal leaders like BirsaMunda, Rani Gaidinliu, LaxmanNaik, and Veer SurendraSai and many others.
SOURCES:THE HINDU & PIB | 5th Aug Current Affairs News Analysis
Apparel Export Promotion Council
Shri Gadkari Calls upon Apparel Export Promotion Council for taking measures to target increasing exports by two times
WHY IN NEWS:
Minister stresses on ensuring quality at competitive cost to meet needs of global market
SYLLABUS COVERED: GS 3: MSME
APPAREL EXPORT PROMOTION COUNCIL (AEPC)
- Incorporated in 1978, AEPC is the official body of apparel exporters in India .
- Global positioning in a holistic and sustainable way that is beneficial to all stakeholders of the industry.
- AEPC attains the vision by facilitating industry to achieve national targets on export promotion, employment generation and brand creation in a responsible manner.
- Thus providing enhanced value to the consumers in specific and society at large.
AEPC’S MAIN OBJECTIVES
- To promote, advance, increase, develop export of all types of readymade garments, excluding, woollen knitwear and garments of leather, jute and hemp.
- To undertake all export promotion measures, particularly to undertake market research, provide inputs for budgets and Foreign Trade Policy.
- To publicize and highlight to importers and the public in foreign countries the advantages of trade and commerce with India .
- To assist members, especially, in the small scale sector by giving assistance in the matter of understanding.
- To establish design centers, to evolve improved design and patterns and garments suitable for export.
- To undertake training of workers and technical personnel, to improve the skill of workers engaged in garment manufacturing in India.
- To obtain from members of the Council and to prepare for the council as a whole, action plans for promotion of exports.
AEPC also co-operates with government and other various organizations in the country and abroad with a view to further promotion of exports of ready made garments.